Broken seal packaging

curlysir

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 10 also had 1 seal broken and the other intact. I bought it from the local Walmart and I don't believe it had been tampered with. Everything was there and nothing appeared to be out of place or opened. No problems so far and it is working fine. I am wondering if somehow the boxes are flexing during shipment and causing this.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Mine arrived with 1 broken seal on one side and a half broken seal on the other. I didn't ask for my account to be be pre-sync'd or whatever, and it wasn't. It wasn't even me who purchased it as it was a gift from my mom. You could get it open with 1 broken seal, but everything looked intact and was clean, no finger prints, etc. It was a replacement for a N10 that was damaged during shipping and I had already waited way too long for a N10 so I didn't send it back. So far it has been fine.

Well, if your mom purchased it, how do you know the account sync option wasn't applied? I guess the fact that it wasn't already synced is good indicator...but just sayin'

I can say when I ordered mine I definitely did NOT choose the option to pre-load my account, and when it arrived last weekend, both tamper seals were intact, for what it's worth.

It would make sense that's what could be cause of it, but it's strange that there's more than a few folks here who had the seals broken who didn't opt for the account pre-load option. My only guess, assuming Google's explanation is correct, is that they got some over-ambitious folks running working at the distribution center that are assuming the device needs to be pre-loaded until after they've opened it and then realize that they don't need to and just send it off as is.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, if your mom purchased it, how do you know the account sync option wasn't applied? I guess the fact that it wasn't already synced is good indicator...but just sayin'

Because neither my or her account wasn't synced? I set everything up from scratch when I took it out of the box and powered it on. Nothing was set up for me.

I'm beginning to think the quality of the seals just weren't very high/strong. I remember when I finished opening the 2nd half-opened seal, it was very easy to get through, like a simple nudge would have done it. I think during the process or shipping, or being stacked in a warehouse somewhere, just being jostled around and pushing down on the N10 box might have been enough to break the seals (or half break them for that matter).

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 10 from Staples. Both seals were broken and, if I recall correctly, taped over. I bought the last one in stock, so it was either that unit or nothing. If there are that many broken seals out there, I have to assume it is some sort of packaging glitch and probably nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 10 from Staples. Both seals were broken and, if I recall correctly, taped over. I bought the last one in stock, so it was either that unit or nothing. If there are that many broken seals out there, I have to assume it is some sort of packaging glitch and probably nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

this sounds to me like a store gettinga return and then trying to re sell it. i would be wary.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
this sounds to me like a store gettinga return and then trying to re sell it. i would be wary.

Could be. Overall, it's been pretty stable but not perfect. I'm still within my 14 day window to return it, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD