Folder for kindle books

David Rudman

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have some kindle style books that I would like to move from my PC to my nexus but I can't find where the kindle app stores the files them. With the kindle I just drag and drop into the documents folder and it recognized them immediately. They are not from kindle so I can't download them directly.

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
"Kindlle style books that are not from Kindle" is a rather vague description that doesn't tell us a whole lot. There are numerous threads out on the internet, about people moving various types of e--books they read on their Kindle to other devices. Some of the threads I saw could well answer your question, depending upon the specific e-book file type you are working with. I respectfully suggest you give Google a try, with as much detail as possible.

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
you can always email them to your kindle account associated with your kindle. It will be of the form <name>.<surname>_<number>@kindle.com. Look in your accounts information to find out what it is.

Gerry_D

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
you can always email them to your kindle account associated with your kindle. It will be of the form <name>.<surname>_<number>@kindle.com. Look in your accounts information to find out what it is.

Coincidentally I also have this question... Your answer of emailing the books to my kindle account sounds interesting!
I didn't know it was possible to email a book!
I have been using Calibre e-book manager with some success.

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, emailing to the special account will automatically forward them to the correct Kindle. Give it a try; you may be pleasantly surprised.

To find your special email address, log onto Amazon, go to your account then find the bit which says "Manage your device". In there you should see the email address. You can also control who is allowed to send you books which have to .mobi, .pdf or .zip with some recognisable format inside (so you can send many in one email)

Alan

d-ttrain

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So if I have some epub books, and I use a program to convert those into .mobi files can I then email those mobi files to my kindle email address and they'll then show up in my Kindle library? Or maybe in my Kindle cloud?That would be very cool! I've been trying to figure out how to get my epub files into my Kindle app. I guess I should point out that I don't have an android tablet. I use the Kindle app on my Windows PC's and on my iPad. I don't want to read books on my Samsung Galaxy 4S. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa