Would you have rather gotten a surface?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am considering a surface pro level device that is running full windows instead of windows rt

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
To answer the question raised by the OP: No.

I'm sure there is a certain demographic for which the Surface will be a better choice than an Android tab or an iPad...I'm definitely not part of that demographic (for example, I'm not a student, so the notes thing doesn't interest me at all).

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a surface, but I do have Vivo Tab RT. Neat little device. I own iPad3 and Nexus 7, but tell you what, Windows Remote Desktop works excellent on RT. Keyboard and mouse is a +. I've got to say, MS is on the right track, although a little too slow.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Remote Desktop works great if you don't need to Cisco VPN to get to the other computer. Not being able to Cisco VPN is a major fail.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

The comment before mine stated that "Windows Remote Desktop works excellent on RT" and I was responding to that. I have no issues with VPN on iPad or Android.
Windows RT with no Cisco VPN is a big factor in this device getting no play from me. If I could Cisco VPN on Surface RT, I would leave my laptop home on business trips and only carry the Nexus 10 and the Surface. As it is, I will carry my Nexus 10 and my laptop for now.

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The comment before mine stated that "Windows Remote Desktop works excellent on RT" and I was responding to that. I have no issues with VPN on iPad or Android.
Windows RT with no Cisco VPN is a big factor in this device getting no play from me. If I could Cisco VPN on Surface RT, I would leave my laptop home on business trips and only carry the Nexus 10 and the Surface. As it is, I will carry my Nexus 10 and my laptop for now.

Ah, makes sense now. I hadn't even considered the Windows one not working with Cisco Anyconnect - another nail in MS's coffin!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
0% interest in the Surface. I have Windows 8 on desktop and there is no way I would want to use it on anything smaller than 3 23" monitors.