Buy a NEXUS 10 32GB today or wait for the new model?

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys

I will try to keep it short. I'm in dire need of a 10 inch tablet. I've been a Nexus user for years now so naturally my first choice has been the NEXUS 10. I thought the time couldn't be better because Google is supposedly releasing the next generation. Unfortunately after all this hype there is no clear news about an upcoming release and even if there was, the last month has really been frustrating. I don't want to end up buying a tablet in Christmas.

So my main question is, should I buy the old Nexus 10 with 32GB for 320 pounds today or wait for the elusive release of the next gen model at approximately the same price?

Thank you so much in advance

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i say wait if you can since it shouldn't be much longer. at least give it until November 8. otherwise you will regret it.

good luck.

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
i say wait if you can since it shouldn't be much longer. at least give it until November 8. otherwise you will regret it.

good luck.

That's what I want to avoid, I feel we are very close to a new release and I wouldn't like to buy something and five days later the new device to appear.

On the other hand it has been a roller coaster with all these false information.

Joey_C

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been absolutely jonesing to replace my 1st Gen iPad.
I thought for sure I was going to take home a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 but after playing with one at Best Buy despite its incredible spec sheet i noticed substantial lag compared to the 2013 Nexus 7 and the iPad 4 released about a year ago.

So thinking to myself that I probably wouldn't use the stylus of the note 10.1 and the iPad 5 and Nexus 10 refresh due this week I'd wait.

That wait has been excruciating. I keep flip flopping between the Nexus 10 refresh and iPad. Hope this week's Google event sheds some light on the Nexus 10 refresh, if there's no word I'll probably get the iPad.

My advice would be to at least wait to see what the Google event on October 24th brings and then make a decision.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the comparison is you don't account for the extra functionality the Note 10.1 provides.

Also there is a new Note 10.1 coming out very soon. May already be released in some places.

Though I would agree that the lag Samsung seems to have is annoying, you are getting something for it. And it is generally functionality you won't get on the others.

The s-pen is nice if you use it. Samsung also has KNOX which is great if you need to worry about improved security.

Wait till Google does their thing. Then compare your use to figure out if Samsung's extra functionality will be useful for your use case. Then decide between the Note and Nexus.

Posted via Android Central App

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I would absolutely wait. The current Nexus 10 was introduced at the same time as the Nexus 4 last year. I would think it would be the same this year as well. You'll find out soon enough.

I'd be careful about going for the Note 10.1. I'm sure it's a great tab, but you know you'll get the speediest Android tablet possible with the Nexus 10. And an S Pen on a 10 inch tablet is not going to be that useful, unless perhaps you absolutely need it for something in particular. On the Note 2 or 3, it's useful because a phone is always with you. Not so much a 10 inch tablet.

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you, I have no doubt that Note 10.1 is a nice tablet but in noway it is comparable to NEXUS 10. I believe we are close so I have to wait. I just hope they don't do anything annoying like delaying the release by another month.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Know that it has to be here very soon, like before black Friday. The cut off date is nice but if you waited till the 8th and it still wasnt available, I would still wait because it can't be much longer. Look at the new nexus 7 and look at the jam packed specs of the nexus 5. I think this generation is going to be very good.

Posted via Android Central App

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Wait. Which is exactly what I've been doing. I have the Nexus 7 for a week, but it simply wasn't 'that' much larger than my Note 2. I couldn't justify it. I find I like the 10" form factor for a tablet.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. Just a quick question about pricing. I know you can't tell me how much the new Nexus will cost in Canada, but a ballpark figure will suffice. I've seen possible prices in Euros, Pounds, and Australian dollars, but these numbers convert to a very high price in US or Canadian dollars. Is it a direct conversion? Or will the new Nexus 10 be closer to the selling price of $409 that I'm seeing in the Google Play store. Thanks for any help.

GC

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Just a quick question about pricing. I know you can't tell me how much the new Nexus will cost in Canada, but a ballpark figure will suffice. I've seen possible prices in Euros, Pounds, and Australian dollars, but these numbers convert to a very high price in US or Canadian dollars. Is it a direct conversion? Or will the new Nexus 10 be closer to the selling price of $409 that I'm seeing in the Google Play store. Thanks for any help.

GC

Well the Nexus 7 is about $20 difference ($229 usa and $249 Can). Exchange is pretty close at the moment so if the new Nexus 10 comes out at $399 I would guess we will see $449 in Canada at the most.

phoenix5724

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the market the same way. I do not have a tablet and I started looking at that time between last years models and next years (tentative) releases. I have my eyes on a few different ones, the nexus 10 included. I assume that the new nexus will be out of my price range anyway so other than that helping me afford the first gen I don't see myself springing for it. 4.4 is attractive across either tablet as it should "improve" on what was already there. I'm even still debating between a 10" tablet and something smaller with a different trade off (maybe stylus). Does anyone have a feeling on whether 4.4 will support multiwindow use? I think that would sell me on the larger tablet for sure. I would prefer to buy from a store and buy new than buy second hand but the nexus 10 price has been solid at stores. I looked at one yesterday at OfficeDepot and the sales person didn't know what they were talking about...."this just came out, it's brand new, we've only had it a couple of months...." The last part might be true but it's coming on a year old :/ Sorry I didn't contribute anything than letting you know I'm in the same boat.

jazzman87

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Even today it is a very frustrating day! No one can verify whether new devices are getting released or not and if we have learned anything from the past month, they probably will not. This is thing is really getting old!

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The woot deal of the day is the nexus 10 refurb for 329 if that helps anyone decision. I love my nexus 10 but would have loved it more for that price!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys

I will try to keep it short. I'm in dire need of a 10 inch tablet. I've been a Nexus user for years now so naturally my first choice has been the NEXUS 10. I thought the time couldn't be better because Google is supposedly releasing the next generation. Unfortunately after all this hype there is no clear news about an upcoming release and even if there was, the last month has really been frustrating. I don't want to end up buying a tablet in Christmas.

So my main question is, should I buy the old Nexus 10 with 32GB for 320 pounds today or wait for the elusive release of the next gen model at approximately the same price?

Thank you so much in advance

I would wait at least two weeks for an announcement.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The woot deal of the day is the nexus 10 refurb for 329 if that helps anyone decision. I love my nexus 10 but would have loved it more for that price!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Brand new 32GB Nexus 10 for $350 shipped on Fleebay...

OP...if you've waited this long I would certainly wait a few more days. If nothing else the 1st should drop in price a bit. The iPad Air is very nice, just not my cup o' tea, especially when compared in price/specs to even the current N10. I'm definitely getting the N5 to replace my N4 (absolutely not needed, just a want) and I'll probably get a N10 2 as a holiday gift to myself.

phoenix5724

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Brand new 32GB Nexus 10 for $350 shipped on Fleebay...

OP...if you've waited this long I would certainly wait a few more days. If nothing else the 1st should drop in price a bit. The iPad Air is very nice, just not my cup o' tea, especially when compared in price/specs to even the current N10. I'm definitely getting the N5 to replace my N4 (absolutely not needed, just a want) and I'll probably get a N10 2 as a holiday gift to myself.
It's on your christmas list and it hasn't even been announced or confirmed yet except for some possible screen shot of text.

I'm interested in the tegra note based tablets, I wish they would come out soon so I can decide what size tablet I'm really in the market for.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I am also looking at the Google Nexus 10. I currently have the Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1. I like the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (I hope I got that right!) because of the pen, and quick note taking while at work, but have always been a fan of Stock Android. Hopefully the 2014 Edition will come to Verizon Wireless, but if not I might just get a mobile hotspot. Is there any reason to not get the Nexus 10? Are the specs outdated?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non