Nexus 10 battery calibration powers down suddenly and charge indicator not low.

TBWCO

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Powers down at 60%. This fixed my issue:
Wiping the System Cache Partition
1. If your device is switched on, power it off.
2. For a Nexus 10 press & hold the Volume Up and Down at the same time then press and hold the Power button simultaneously until the device turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow drawn around it.
3. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight Recovery mode.
4. Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark
5. While holding the Power button, tap and release the Volume Up button - a menu should appear. Do not hold the Volume Up button down as this will reboot the device.
6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it. This process can take up to 10+ minutes to complete. Don’t touch it until the process is complete.
7. Unplug device and let battery drain out.
8. With device turned off fully charge battery. I let mine soak overnight.

Chris Hartgroves

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I can't get my Nexus 10 into recovery mode, to do the Wiping the System Cache Partition to try and fix the instant 60% to power-down issue.
I hold both ends of the volume bar down, then hold down the power button; every six seconds there's a brief vibration 'pulse', but nothing else happens. Help!
I have the common problem that the N10 powers down when indicating ~50% battery left. I have replaced the battery and done a Factory Settings reset.

Last edited: