Recover Nexus 10 with full device encryption

wsmoser2004

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nexus 10 that I long ago encrypted with full device encryption and a pattern to unlock/decrypt. The encryption worked just fine, and I hardly thought about it for years. However the other day my battery died (not the first time that's happened), and for some reason now it won't accept my pattern (first time that's happened...). I'm stuck at the "swipe your pattern to start Android." I've tried a number of different variations, and eventually I got to the point where I only have a few pattern tries left before it wipes itself.

While there's nothing priceless on the device, there are a few photos and such that I'd prefer not to lose. I'm wondering what, if any, options I might have to unlock the device and/or get data off of it. I'm willing to try things like booting into recovery mode, or something with ADB, etc...though I don't currently know how to do any of those things. I honestly don't remember exactly which version of Android it is...it's definitely 5.*, I think 5.1.*.

To be clear, this is full device encryption - not just an unlock pattern...so I'm not even able to fully boot the device.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your carrier might be able to unlock i for you (bring ID with you to prove it's your phone). We don't post that kind of information for obvious reasons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87