Wired's Review - "Rating: 9/10 Nearly flawless; buy it now"

itmustbejj

May 28, 2010
Visit site
There was actually a usability study done on data speeds in mobile phones a couple years ago. What they found that the magic threshold was about 2.5 - 3mbps for viewing web content. After that speed, the web content (even hd movies) did not really benefit from the increase in throughput, and the only thing that matters is your network latency.

The fact is I do not need the same or greater data speeds on my phone as I do for my home internet. If you actually need 20-30mbps on your phone, you are probably getting throttled (don't you Sprint UNLIMTED DATA people come out of the wood works, we all know you've never seen 20mbps in your life).

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
You can get 15-25 mbps down on T-Mobile HSPA+. So no, it's not a big deal to most.

That's great for people that can get those speeds, but like I stated in my previous post, t-mobile in my area has slow speeds

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There was actually a usability study done on data speeds in mobile phones a couple years ago. What they found that the magic threshold was about 2.5 - 3mbps for viewing web content. After that speed, the web content (even hd movies) did not really benefit from the increase in throughput, and the only thing that matters is your network latency.

The fact is I do not need the same or greater data speeds on my phone as I do for my home internet. If you actually need 20-30mbps on your phone, you are probably getting throttled (don't you Sprint UNLIMTED DATA people come out of the wood works, we all know you've never seen 20mbps in your life).

That was how many years? YouTube loads much faster with a fast data connection, be it HSPA+ or LTE.

I do agree that latency makes a bigger difference once you hit a certain speed.

Say that about hspa in about 6 years, pretty sure you won't be able to

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It will be.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That was how many years? YouTube loads much faster with a fast data connection, be it HSPA+ or LTE.

I do agree that latency makes a bigger difference once you hit a certain speed.

It will be.

Still around?

Edit: upon further review, hspa will be around awhile, I retract my statement to the contrary

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress