New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

viadroid

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine the very moment they went live online.

I have _not called_ as I figure those poor people have got to be very tired, and totally wiped out from all the negative energy coming through the phone everyday.

Giving them a break is the best thing I can do, after all they only work there. Think about it.

In addition, I never expose myself to an "I'm without a phone" situation. There are too many variables, I don't care what brand it is.

Apple is well known for one of the best ordering / billing / shipping methods, and even they have left me in a lurch.

So I will patiently wait. :)

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thought I might add to the confusion and CSR rumors:

Called about my 16GB nexus which was purchased on the 13th, received a backordered email last thursday/friday. The rep looked over my order and said it was processing and in the warehouse. To my surprise he adds "since your device is not backordered it should ship this week", despite me receiving the email. Who knows, maybe his system is telling him otherwise.

This leads me to believe that the mass backorder emails are not always correct? Wishful thinking, perhaps...

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
After a couple of glasses of wine, I'm at the "jaded" phase. If my phone is delivered tomorrow, great. If not, MORE WINE.

Me: Limbo status, ordered 8:34:17 EST, still in "pre-ordered" status

The Nexus4 debacle progression:

sleepless anticipation >> excitement >> dumfounded >> shocked >> disturbed >> angry >> bitter >> jaded >> comical.

I am now at "comical" ... waiting to see what happens tomorrow when another set of empty promises are left undelivered.

FYI: Limbo status, ordered 8:35AM.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
So I have seen this on here, the Facebook limbo page, and xda. Actually seems legit.... Did they just get some huge ass shipment from LG they weren't expecting or something?? Why didn't they know this sooner... why are we just hearing this?

Anyways, not trying to complain about "just now hearing" this lol but it's just weird that all of a sudden about an hour ago they got all these phones to ship out.

if true, not complaining!

Silly Putty

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I can picture it now.

A whole lot of us will call in tomorrow, steal the dogs spot next to the window; waiting with great anticipation, only to see the big brown truck haul ass and pass our garages like a bat out of hell. The people will then do their greatest Usain Bolt impersonation; screaming along the way... GIVE ME MY PRECIOUS!

rrthai

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone from CSR. I can confirm this, only if you didn't receive the backorder email that you will receive the phone by tomorrow!
Just got off the phone with a CSR, she told me that if I ordered on 11/13 (everyone did) then it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I asked if my order had been upgraded to overnight shipping, and she said yes. Glad Google is finally trying to make us happy. She definitely seemed to be almost reading off a script when I talked with her, don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Might be good since she isn't just making up a story to get me off the line. In the follow up email she does confirm this, so now we have something to hold them by. Here's the follow up email:

"Hello Clinton,

Thank you for contacting Google Play Support. I can understand how you wanted to know when you will receive your order. I'm glad I was able to assist you today.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

If you have any additional question please feel free to contact Google Play Support or click on the link below.
Contact Us - Google Play Help

Thank you,

Krista"

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I just e-mailed Google. We will see if they get back to me. I expect them to be open for another 45 minutes or so. 5pm PST(8pm EST) I am guessing they close. I doubt people will be seeing their devices tomorrow. I ordered mine LATE, at like 2:24PM. So we shall see...I doubt I will see it by the end of this week, but can always hope I guess.

Keep ya updated. I don't believe most people posting with under 15 posts...

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I just e-mailed Google. We will see if they get back to me. I expect them to be open for another 45 minutes or so. 5pm PST(8pm EST) I am guessing they close. I doubt people will be seeing their devices tomorrow. I ordered mine LATE, at like 2:24PM. So we shall see...I doubt I will see it by the end of this week, but can always hope I guess.

Have you received a back order email?

spartanjg

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Really hoping we all see our phones tomorrow. For some reason I have a feeling I'll be having almost this exact same conversation with a Google CSR tomorrow...

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I emailed them about an hour ago and still haven't received a response. You need to call them if you want quick communication.

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else call Google Play support constantly just to speak to different reps? It seems every CSR has a gold nugget of information that boggles my mind each and every time. I'm up to calling 3 times a day now just to see what they can come up with this time.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with a CSR and I was told that my order was still processing. If I haven't received a back order email ( which I haven't ) then I should be good and should get tracking info tomorrow.. nothing about getting it delivered tomorrow. :\

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can only imagine what this board will be like tomorrow if they don't follow through.

But, if they do... this board will be deserted as everyone will be playing with their new toys!

Regarding back-orders - I just received this from Nicole:

Hi Carmine,

Thanks for writing back. You pose a good question and I can happily confirm that the news I gave you earlier today does in fact extend to those individuals who have gotten back-order emails. I hope that clarifies the situation for you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87