New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

anon(128588)

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Got my backorder email around 2:25 p, today.

Order went through on 1:35pm EST on tuesday. got the email confirmation after I placed the order. Google Wallet still shows pending. Only ordered the Nexus 4 and nothing else.

Thinking about canceling, but maybe I'll wait it out.

Derek712

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
No offence but I think all of you cancelling your orders are crazy. :) If you don't want the phone anymore or need to choose another option immediately, that's fine, but at least think of the value of the phone with so much demand. With Christmas coming and 3 weeks of backorder, this thing could easily resell for $500-550 on eBay or Craigslist.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
No offence but I think all of you cancelling your orders are crazy. :) If you don't want the phone anymore or need to choose another option immediately, that's fine, but at least think of the value of the phone with so much demand. With Christmas coming and 3 weeks of backorder, this thing could easily resell for $500-550 on eBay or Craigslist.

Yeah I wouldn't have bothered to cancel if had just accidently ordered one, but I ended up ordering 5 and didn't want that massive hit to my card.

Amuse Me Puppet

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So far we have no Pacific/Mountain backorders and it might have something to do with those who ordered more than one thing on the same card.....the suspense continues...

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who believes what any CSRs are saying at this point should have their head examined.

Yes. I agree... they just talk some crap even without listening to what we are talking. I asked them if my order is confirmed, and they reply saying "yes, and would you like to cancel the order?" y dafuq would i like to cancel the order?

nkashayi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I only bought a 16gb no bumper and I got the email. Backorder

From my experience with Google Play reps, they do not know what they are talking. Try talking to the same rep after a while, you would not be surprised to hear a whole diff update. That happened to me. When I called tue evening a rep told me that I would get a tracking number Wed morning. When I called Wed evening I got the same rep and he said I would get it Fri or the worst case Mon. I got the back order email now. I leave it. I will get it whenever it is. But Google F***** up the whole thing.:mad:

No44specialk

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just received the backorder email... Is anyone else considering just going to tmobile to get the phone? If I could find one in a store I can almost justify the extra money (albeit difficult) just to not have to deal with this hassel and get it the same day. I no longer have a phone to use seeing how I sold my GS2 when I received the order confirmation email on tuesday. So waiting "up to 3weeks" isn't exactly an option for me. I am amazed by the lack of preparation/customer service. The way you beat a competitor is to learn from their mistakes, I guess I expected more from google and their ability to learn from apples mistakes during their launches and their lack of stock at hand.

Order Date: 11/13/12 2:25pm EST

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered two 16GB phones (one for myself, the other for my wife). My order went through with no issues at all; no error messages, no cart reloads, etc. According to Wallet, the order time was 11:35:22 AM Eastern. Just over 5 minutes after the site went live.

In Wallet, my order is still listed under "Pending"

I didn't think to check the Play store until maybe 30 minutes after placing the order; then and now it says "Complete" in the Status column.

I never received a confirmation email. Called Play store around 3:30 PM Tuesday; guy I spoke with said everything looked fine with my order.

My Visa card, then and now, has a pending charge for the $757 and change. Called Visa Tuesday afternoon to ensure there was no fraud alert or other reason for a hold and was told no problems at that end.

As of this time, I have NOT received a confirmation email, NOT received a shipping notice, and NOT received a backorder notice.

This sucks.

I am in Connecticut.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just received the backorder email... Is anyone else considering just going to tmobile to get the phone? If I could find one in a store I can almost justify the extra money (albeit difficult) just to not have to deal with this hassel and get it the same day. I no longer have a phone to use seeing how I sold my GS2 when I received the order confirmation email on tuesday. So waiting "up to 3weeks" isn't exactly an option for me. I am amazed by the lack of preparation/customer service. The way you beat a competitor is to learn from their mistakes, I guess I expected more from google and their ability to learn from apples mistakes during their launches and their lack of stock at hand.

Order Date: 11/13/12 2:25pm EST

I called all 3 stores within range of me and not one of them have the phone. Otherwise I would likely go and pick it up.

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Google play told me that Google wallet handles the order and they Play does not get any info from Wallet. I called play and asked what was up, she said "Technical difficulty" about 200 times before I asked for a supervisor. Got on hold and then I couldn't get transferred.

Murkle

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Are Google telling us that they can't count?
Has anyone ever ordered tickets for a big gig or festival? Similar set up. Refresh refresh, checkout, error, refresh, refresh, checkout, yay, confirmation email, tickets sent. When they run out of tickets in the first 30mins they stop selling. Simple.
Why can't Google do this?
Why can't they at least tell us that there's no device for us in a decent amount of time?
People were saying a couple of days ago that Google messed up, I laughed to myself and remembered how much worse the Nexus 7 launch was. Well this one now beats it hands down.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There are some on here. I believe those who are recieving the devices are those who purchased them in the first few minutes. If not, back order is about 50/50.

Metalkid69

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that it's directly related to the time of order.. So far everyone that ordered before 8:55 am PST/ 9:55 am MST/ 10:55 CST/ 11:55 EST hasn't received a back order email yet. And anything above that has... I ordered at 8:33 AM PST and live in Cali and have not received a back order email yet..