Google Now cards - do you get notification?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I know that after less than a week playing with it, Google Now's cards aren't close to being optimized for me.
That said, I'm wondering if I'm supposed to be getting notifications of new cards? Currently I have to open Google Now or the notification bar to find out I have 'x cards' available.
Not very helpful if I don't check for a couple hours and find out about all those cool places to visit 3 counties back :)

Will the system eventually start pinging me when new cards are available, or do I have something set up wrong?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i get notifications on my SGS3...do you have the priorities set for the cards you want more frequently shown? Are you sure the ringtone isnt blank or not set?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Seems like some cards only have the option to be Low Priority and thus don't alert you when they pop up ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
When I used Google Now on my Optimus V, I would get traffic to/from work at the time i got off in my notifications, and also the NY Yankee Score. Other than that, the rest were hidden in the app and had no option to show up automatically.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken the OP is asking specifically about receiving a notification sound when a card is available, not just having the cards in the notification area. I personally have never had a notification sound for any cards, although I have several appear regularly in the notification area and do have a notification sound set.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken the OP is asking specifically about receiving a notification sound when a card is available, not just having the cards in the notification area. I personally have never had a notification sound for any cards, although I have several appear regularly in the notification area and do have a notification sound set.

You're right - that was bad reading on my part. I will agree, that I have never received a notification noise for google now cards.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Little bit of both, actually. I'm guessing that the right cards haven't come up for me yet, because I've not received ANY notification of them so far.
I'll see this week as my calendar appointments and commutes start kicking in.....

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Little bit of both, actually. I'm guessing that the right cards haven't come up for me yet, because I've not received ANY notification of them so far.
I'll see this week as my calendar appointments and commutes start kicking in.....

If you want to see some cards right away go into maps and set your home and work addresses. You'll start receiving cards for traffic then, or use google now and say what's the current weather? You'll then have the local weather card and it will always display in the notification pull down unless you clear it.