Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My google wallet account now shows the sale as complete, although I am still in UPS tracking limbo. CC used was a business AMEX

I guess I have to assume the phone is somewhere within the UPS matrix. :eek:

intrinsic

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine on the 27th in the 1-2 week batch. Been in UPS limbo up until now--it just updated saying that the scheduled delivery date was yesterday...So I guess I'm a step closer outta limbo?

gndprx

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been showing as shipped since 11/30 and they took the funds but UPS like many others is still showing that label information has been received but no ETA or tracking information available.

Waiting patiently...

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been showing as shipped since 11/30 and they took the funds but UPS like many others is still showing that label information has been received but no ETA or tracking information available.

Waiting patiently...

If you sign up for a UPS my choice account they will give you an estimated delivery date among other options. Except mine still says the estimated delivery is "Monday dec 3" which was obviously yesterday

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just chatted with UPS, and they say that they haven't received the shipment yet. This is what the tracking info says, too. The person said there are no scans to indicate that it's passed into their custody.... I also called Google Play, and they have no idea what's going on. My credit card has actually been charged, and my statement period closed yesterday, so now I have to pay for a phone I don't even have. Great.

Thing342

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully the TMobile microSim I ordered with the phone went off without a hitch. It should be on my doorstep this afternoon.

Not sure why Google would buy labels and charge CCs without actually sending the device.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
mine arrived today, been setting up apps and redownloading media.

i posted it earlier in the thread.

Ordered Nov 27, 12:36pm PST 1-2 week estimate. Received shipping notification on Dec 1 for a delivery on the 4th but was updated to the 3rd.

Was your tracking information updated along the way? Or was it stuck at "Shipping label created" until it was actually delivered?

Jaedo Tae

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This isn't UPS problem. I work for UPS and we use different system to track within our hubs/warehouses to track each package/letter. I just checked this morning in my local hub and it showed no sign of Google warehouse (located in Louisville, KY) actually dropped off at their local hub. Just like anyone can create shipping label doesn't mean they guarantee to drop off the pkg at the hub. For 2nd Day service, they can still use either plane or ground trailers to transport your package. Once your package is physically dropped off depends on local pickup time or processing time, UPS would physically scan each package. After that process is done, prior to transporting your package to other hub/warehouse to further process to the final destination, it can take up to 1 hour to show any movement online where everyone else can input tracking number.

I first assumed Google forgot to ship mine, in which my experience big company like Google can easily do while processing possibly thousands of nexus 4 across America, however, I just found out you guys experience the same. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next.

XsynthZ

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's strange because the Google Play store page for the 16 gig Nexus 4 now says 5-6 weeks for shipping. That's down from the (I believe) 7-8 weeks which was what it was showing a few days ago. I wonder if this means the 1-2 week ones are on their way?

A_S_V

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What time did you order. I know I know, it really doesn't matter, but please people tell us what time you ordered.

This isn't UPS problem. I work for UPS and we use different system to track within our hubs/warehouses to track each package/letter. I just checked this morning in my local hub and it showed no sign of Google warehouse (located in Louisville, KY) actually dropped off at their local hub. Just like anyone can create shipping label doesn't mean they guarantee to drop off the pkg at the hub. For 2nd Day service, they can still use either plane or ground trailers to transport your package. Once your package is physically dropped off depends on local pickup time or processing time, UPS would physically scan each package. After that process is done, prior to transporting your package to other hub/warehouse to further process to the final destination, it can take up to 1 hour to show any movement online where everyone else can input tracking number.

I first assumed Google forgot to ship mine, in which my experience big company like Google can easily do while processing possibly thousands of nexus 4 across America, however, I just found out you guys experience the same. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next.

I believe there is a bigger problem, logistic behind the shipping (UPS side) has failed, could be because devices are not ready or not being delivered by LG in quantities as expected (on which the whole logistic is set up). Not many people are reporting delivery of the phone even though UPS is suggesting so. Let's see, it is very sad that Google is not transparent about it.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I believe there is a bigger problem, logistic behind the shipping (UPS side) has failed, could be because devices are not ready or not being delivered by LG in quantities as expected (on which the whole logistic is set up). Not many people are reporting delivery of the phone even though UPS is suggesting so. Let's see, it is very sad that Google is not transparent about it.
Yikes. That would be a major "FAIL!" by Google if they're creating tracking numbers and sending out shipping emails for inventory they don't even have in their possession yet.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think they have been pretty transparent or at least level set you when they told ya above the Add To Cart button you pressed...

Ships in 1-2 weeks.

It's only been a week. Could be stuck in a warehouse in UPS for days... but they still have a week left to get it to you. I'm not gonna worry about where in transit my order is until after my 2-3 week window.

Let's see, it is very sad that Google is not transparent about it.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I think they have been pretty transparent or at least level set you when they told ya above the Add To Cart button you pressed...

Ships in 1-2 weeks.

timing isnt the problem. communication is. i would be fine if it came next week, but at least tell me what the hell is going on with my $400 and don't send me emails saying my order has shipped and give me a tracking # (scheduled delivery date that is already over) for a package no one seems to have (UPS says Google's fault, Google says vice versa).

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

Here is what I do not understand, according to posters on this thread and elsewhere on Android Central and other on-line forums as well as a colleague who was lucky enough to get an order through during the original release. The phones are shipping from Louisville, KY. (SDF) UPS Supply Chain Solutions, "GOOGLE ANDROID CO UPS-SCS" so how can UPS or yourself not see them in Louisville, KY (SDF)? I am NOT doubting you in the slightest and I appreciate you chiming in as somebody who works for UPS, but Google is passing the buck to UPS and UPS is passing the buck to Google which leaves the customer out in the cold.

Dan