Newb: Nexus 4 and Select a new photo from Gallery default

Plano26

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So, for the life of me I can't find out to change the default when changing a contacts picture. When I first went to change it; it gave me the option for "one time" or "all the time" I selected "all the time" (thinking it would prompt me again later) and now when I go to change a pic it is defaulted to my drop box acct (where I selected it the 1st time). Does anyone know how to reset this default? Also, my pics I select from drop box do not set the contacts photo.

thanks for any information! :)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Apps -> Dropbox. There you can see what defaults you've set for it, and can clear them. For your contacts, I would export the pics you want from Dropbox to a folder on your phone and then use Gallery to choose the contact photo.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
For your contacts, I would export the pics you want from Dropbox to a folder on your phone and then use Gallery to choose the contact photo.

Does Contacts point to the actual photo? I thought it would have just made a lower quality thumbnail-ish copy locally and used that.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Does Contacts point to the actual photo? I thought it would have just made a lower quality thumbnail-ish copy locally and used that.

I think it does, but to be honest I used a third party app to sync my contacts with Facebook, so all my contacts have FB pics.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
A more generic version of the question might help:

As an example, if you install a second browser on your phone (Dolphin or Firefox, for example), the next time you click an http://... hyperlink a box will pop up showing your available browsers and asking which you want to open the link in. You select your desired browser and then you must choose from "Just Once" (or something like that) and "Always" buttons.

So, let's say that you tap Firefox and Always. How do you undo that choice if at some point in the future you decide you would rather open a link in Chrome?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch