Will AT&T charge for Tethering & Portable Hotspot?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually they can and will move you to the tethering data plan if they notice you tethering. I believe it is $50 for 5gb? Not really sure since I have the old unlimited and don't really keep up with it.

Is that what you are asking or is that what you want?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually they can and will move you to the tethering data plan if they notice you tethering. I believe it is $50 for 5gb? Not really sure since I have the old unlimited and don't really keep up with it.

Is that what you are asking or is that what you want?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
I think this is correct. I think $25 for the cheapest unlimited calling and then you add the 5gb minimum data which includes tethering. So maybe $75 is the cheapest?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I use it on the GN and N4 and they have not notified me of it. Maybe because I don't abuse it or maybe because I am out of contract and would just leave.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use it on the GN and N4 and they have not notified me of it. Maybe because I don't abuse it or maybe because I am out of contract and would just leave.

Yes if you abuse it they may make you switch but normally they wont because they have no way to tell aside from your data usage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
FCC Forces Verizon to Unblock Tethering Apps and Pay a $1.25 Million Fee - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr

At the bottom...

"In addition, the company recently revised its service offerings such that consumers on usage-based pricing plans may tether, using any application, without paying an additional fee."

I hate the phone companies. They knew they were breaking the law.
Although that only applied to Verizon and that particular Spectrum, which they agreed to. The other leases from the other Carriers never had that in their conditions. Unfortunately....

But just maybe it fired a warning shot.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Att will not penalize you nor can they block you for using the feature especially if you are on a tiered plan. Dont forget att makes more money when you use more data. Just use your tether as youd like and dont abuse it and you will be ok.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non