Worth the money?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
I currently have the S3 from att. After seeing the S4 I don't think I want it. So I'm thinking of getting a N4! A friend of mine just got it and it's nice. But is it worth the upgrade? Or should I wait out for the next device? If so when do we think it will be released? I want one....Just not sure its worth the money yet!
Thanks.

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The nexus 4 is definitely worth the money. Whether to get it now is another question and is totally up to you. If you need a phone right now, then you can't go wrong with the nexus 4. But if your okay with the device that you have now then it might be worth the wait.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Where did you see the S4? Or do you mean the leaks?

How important is LTE and additional storage via an sd card to you?

If they are important then this would not be an upgrade as the N4 is HSPA+ on att and has 16GB. You have several cloud storage options but they are much slower and need a wifi or cell signal to access the cloud.

If you like quick updates then it would be an upgrade as the N4 will have the quickest updates certainly faster than att.
If you like the features of your S3 and touchwiz, you may be underwhelmed by vanilla android.

You could probably sell your S3 or trade for an N4. After they announce the S4 on Thursday, I suspect the value of your S3 will decline a bit.

Just my .02, let us know what you decide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see the S4? Or do you mean the leaks?

How important is LTE and additional storage via an sd card to you?

If they are important then this would not be an upgrade as the N4 is HSPA+ on att and has 16GB. You have several cloud storage options but they are much slower and need a wifi or cell signal to access the cloud.

If you like quick updates then it would be an upgrade as the N4 will have the quickest updates certainly faster than att.
If you like the features of your S3 and touchwiz, you may be underwhelmed by vanilla android.

You could probably sell your S3 or trade for an N4. After they announce the S4 on Thursday, I suspect the value of your S3 will decline a bit.

Just my .02, let us know what you decide.

I liked your post! (As well as the others.)

There is no LTE here in Vermont land. HSPA+ I get around 10megs down but on a normal day its more like 6megs. Enough for me!

16gigs of storage is also enough. At first the SD card was a nice option. I just dont use it. I guess I would if I used my phone for music but the truth is...I don't. (I still have 12 gigs free storage on my S3)

Quick updates is a plus. TW is nice but to be honest I could live without it or just get another launcher to replace it if I had too.

The S3 will go down in price. I'd keep it as a backup phone I think for now. I still like and enjoy the device but if the S4 still has the home button that might be a deal breaker for me. Plus the N4 will allow me to go contractless. I like this option as well!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I liked your post! (As well as the others.)

There is no LTE here in Vermont land. HSPA+ I get around 10megs down but on a normal day its more like 6megs. Enough for me!

16gigs of storage is also enough. At first the SD card was a nice option. I just dont use it. I guess I would if I used my phone for music but the truth is...I don't. (I still have 12 gigs free storage on my S3)

Quick updates is a plus. TW is nice but to be honest I could live without it or just get another launcher to replace it if I had too.

The S3 will go down in price. I'd keep it as a backup phone I think for now. I still like and enjoy the device but if the S4 still has the home button that might be a deal breaker for me. Plus the N4 will allow me to go contractless. I like this option as well!

Based on what you have said I think you would love the N4. It is fast, fluid and works very well. The screen is outstanding. It feels heftier in the hand and is a bit thicker than the S3. I like holding it better than the S3 because the S3 is a tad bit wider as i recall. Plus I like using google wallet and miss it when I use my note 2.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Based on what you have said I think you would love the N4. It is fast, fluid and works very well. The screen is outstanding. It feels heftier in the hand and is a bit thicker than the S3. I like holding it better than the S3 because the S3 is a tad bit wider as i recall. Plus I like using google wallet and miss it when I use my note 2.

Sounds good! I got big hands so a thicker phone is ok by me! I just might order one this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non