uploadfromtaptalk1364343053745.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364343063238.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364343063238.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 80

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What's battery guru and why is it using so much? I don't remember seeing too many apps higher than screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
This happen to anyone else?

Go to the android play store. Search a program called Snapdragon battery guru. Its a program written buy Qualcomm that analyzes your usage for 2 weeks the modifies the phone setting to enable better performance and battery life. I use it with android task manager buy smartwho and my phone last a little longer that 2 days. With the android task manager, enable the shake auto end. It continues to kill processes while the screen off so if the phone is in your pocket and your walking, it keeps killing.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have that battery guru that's whats eating up the battery...

Lately I've been seeing my phone get super hot with a discolorization :/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364405549622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364405549622.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 54

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
After today's battery bs I'm probably trashing the n4. I'm either going to attempt to buy an iPhone or z10.. May get a HTC one. But I'm slowly loosing faith in android and googles half assed projects. Specially since they're slowly killing a lot of services

maronpatsy

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It was nowhere near the cap.
17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
After today's battery bs I'm probably trashing the n4. I'm either going to attempt to buy an iPhone or z10.. May get a HTC one. But I'm slowly loosing faith in android and googles half assed projects. Specially since they're slowly killing a lot of services

Well that escalated quickly.

So you're just going to give up because of one defective unit? Or one corrupted app download? This is just like what's going on in http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/264277-google-play-garbage.html and with those people ready to completely give up Google just because of Reader.

Just try RMAing your device. If, of course, there is a real problem. If you decide not to, I wish you good luck with iOS and Bing.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Sucks but you may have to factory reset. Otherwise, try rooting it if you haven't already (or go for it if you reset ? why not?) and changing the Kernel. JUST the Kernel. ROMs are cool but these days I find myself just tinkering with the kernels. Franco milestone 1 and above are pretty good. Have gotten pretty good battery life out of it. Stock 4.2.2 kernel should've been better on battery life too though so maybe the reset will set things straight.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Well that escalated quickly.

So you're just going to give up because of one defective unit? Or one corrupted app download? This is just like what's going on in http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/264277-google-play-garbage.html and with those people ready to completely give up Google just because of Reader.

Just try RMAing your device. If, of course, there is a real problem. If you decide not to, I wish you good luck with iOS and Bing.

I have a crack in the back under the glass.. From my understanding googles pretty bad when it comes to any kind of damage..

And who said anything about bing? Not I.. You know there's other os' out there besides awful windows... And iOS....

The N4 is lacking in soo many regions and its tiresome.. Specially with other manufacturers... I refuse to buy a Samsung piece of plastic btw...

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh and I'm not PAYing for a new phone out right just to see if they'll RMA a phone to me.. I don't have that cash laying around... If I did I'd just buy a real phone

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Try not using the battery saver that used up 25% of your battery.

If it's getting super hot then the battery has issues and you should get it exchanged. The battery should not ever be getting anything more than a little warm at any time.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i noticed a massive battery drain a couple of days ago myself... i think it happened after some app update and what i noticed was that i;m not doing anything at all or made sure no apps running that the phone was showing data usage by the indicator on the top of screen and the phone was getting hot. i went through disabling services and uninstalling apps i wasnt using to try and find it. i dont know which it was but it finally stopped. i think it was happened because of an app update. definitely frustrating.

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I posted a similar thread about sudden battery drain and getting hot, turned out to be a cumulative app update effect, easily cured just a pain in the a$$.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a crack in the back under the glass.. From my understanding googles pretty bad when it comes to any kind of damage..

Really? Not for me. I've dropped my N7 face down twice and my N4 once on each side, no case or screen protector, all at a height of about 3 feet, and not a scratch on each.

Every phone model will have some bad units.

And who said anything about bing? Not I.. You know there's other os' out there besides awful windows... And iOS....

You said you were losing faith in Google and their "products". So I expect you're leaving Google search, too. Therefore, you're left with Yahoo and Bing.

The N4 is lacking in soo many regions and its tiresome.. Specially with other manufacturers... I refuse to buy a Samsung piece of plastic btw...

Please explain what problems the N4 has other than it being dropped and you downloading a bad app (don't see how either is the phone's fault). Literally every person on this forum who owns one except for two or three says this is virtually the perfect phone. I just want to know where you find it lacking.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And just to be clear, I wasn't trying to "troll" or anything. Just asking serious questions, with a little of semi-joking thrown in. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38