HOW TO : UPDATE to 4.3 from STOCK 4.2.2 ( STOCK recovery, Locked/Unlocked Bootloader)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
For those of us with a custom recovery, can we just flash the stock recovery from the official Google image of 4.2.2?

If so, would it just be as simple as fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and then sideloading the update?

Yes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
When i type in the command "adb sideload update.zip" nothing happens its still says "Now send the package you want to apply to the device with ' adb sideload <filename>".....
idk what to do after this help please?

ingeniumed

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Update successfully got installed through adb sideload, then while rebooting it went to the google screen and shut off. I went NOOOOOOO-, that's when it boots up the google logo and I am just so nervous going BOOT! BOOT! BOOT! and bamn! The jelly bean boot animation starts up. ANDROID 4.3 WORKS! Thanks for the guide! Just had to share my nightmare in case anyone else faces it lol

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I had a unique case. For some reason my w7 comp didnt want to install the proper drivers.
I download the entire ADB bundle just to have the google drivers. I Then used the SDK manager to update all the information it still wouldnt work.
It gets even wierder. When the phone was on with USB debugging enabled. I could run adb devices. and it would show the device online... but when I went to recovery adb would constantly say "device not found"

I was starting to say screw it. When I noticed a folder called SAMSUNG android phone. I clicked it and update the driver (pick from list) then I choose google > android composite ADB interface. It completed and tried again... and whammo. It worked. Now running 4.3

If anyone just wants the drivers... and not the entire adb bundle. go here [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows - xda-developers

meedoo1997

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
ok my bootloader is locked can i do that ??
and if i unlocked it .. can i lock it when it done updating ??

i like to keep my phone clean
pleaaase answer me ..... i know that this replay is repeated but please answer me please

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
ok my bootloader is locked can i do that ??
and if i unlocked it .. can i lock it when it done updating ??

i like to keep my phone clean
pleaaase answer me ..... i know that this replay is repeated but please answer me please

Unlocking your bootloader is only necessary for you to root the phone. This is not rooting the phone. Which means you dont NOT have to unlock the bootloader. This proceedure will work locked

Mentessi

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
for those stuck on the android with red triangle screen... Gnex_RootToolkit_v1.4_Help

I was stuck and even trying the three buttons didn't work first time, I literally had to randomly hit all three continuously till the recovery menu appeared. But it did eventually and I even repeated the process.... just keep at it!

I'm now updated and all working fine :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87