Nexus4, sudden signal loss after flashing rom

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Good evening, I'm having issues with my nexus 4.
Days ago a friend of mine told me about the Xenon HD rom, and I decided to try it (Im a CM user).
Last night, I made a backup with TWRP and flashed XenonHD, I tested it for a few hours and I did not liked it, so I decided to go back to the previous rom.
I restored the backup and realized that all my applications were not installed :eek:, so then I decided to do a Factory Reset and restore the backup again, my apps were still missing.
Finally, I decided to start from scratch, doing another factory reset and installing CM on it, I factory reseted it and I realized that my phone did not have any signal (connection)!

Wifi and everything is working but iit is not receiving any signal!
Can anyone help? I even tested it with a simcard from another company and nothing!
Are there any settings that may have been moved? Some option? please help me!

Today I flashed this bootloader and radio:
[4.2.2] JDQ39 Baseband and Bootloader ZIP - xda-developers
But this did not fixed the problem either...

Im starting to worry, please help me... I was thinking to to make a system wipe with TWRP and restore the factory image from the Nexus 4 Toolkit, but Im afraid I will make it worse...

Any advices?

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you might have lost your imei, that sucks man. Can you take screenshots of the phone information? It would be an easy fix with a backed up efs folder, but I'm assuming you don't have that. please post screenshots to confirm you don't have an imei, but that sounds like what happened.

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Last edited:

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, here are the pictures:

11jyuyv.jpg

2gw8gee.jpg

2j4dk0i.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it seems your imei is intact. Alright, let's try this. Please download and reflash CyanogenMod completely, and see if that helps. Also, please download the latest baseband available (it's basically the modem driver) and flash that. This should solve the issue hopefully, that's all I can think of for the moment. Your imei software version is 3, so I'm guessing your baseband is out of date. Good luck!

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it seems your imei is intact. Alright, let's try this. Please download and reflash CyanogenMod completely, and see if that helps. Also, please download the latest baseband available (it's basically the modem driver) and flash that. This should solve the issue hopefully, that's all I can think of for the moment. Your imei software version is 3, so I'm guessing your baseband is out of date. Good luck!

Thanks a lot, I just want to tell you that yesterday I reflashed CM after making a factory reset and did not fixed the issue! :(
Where Can I find the latest baseband? Would you please help me with that?

Your apn has probably changed. Edit to a good working apn.

I also tried this, with no succes... :(

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I would Google nexus 4 basebands, you'll probably find them on xda or something. One other thing I noticed, it doesn't seem to be able to pull up your cell phone number. Usually these are stored on the sim card, and for some reason it can't determine your number. It might be the baseband, but I'm actually starting to think it could be the efs folder (in terms of corruption). I would try the baseband and see if that helps, but if it doesn't it's probably efs corruption (which is hard to fix without a backed up efs folder).

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Weird thing is that it "reads" my voicemails... and my carrier... (look the red squares)

2dvv0bb.jpg

I have a backup TWRP nandroid backup, if it is EFS corruption, can I extract it from there?

If not... do I have an expensive mp3 player?

If I make a system wipe and upload the image with the toolkit, do you think it will fix the problem?

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to say if it is efs corruption, you do basically have a mp3 player. You could return it to stock for service, but I'm not sure if the nexus 4 has a flash counter like the galaxies. Try the baseband, I do think that is the issue at the moment seeing it can read your voice mail and carrier

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to say if it is efs corruption, you do basically have a mp3 player. You could return it to stock for service, but I'm not sure if the nexus 4 has a flash counter like the galaxies. Try the baseband, I do think that is the issue at the moment seeing it can read your voice mail and carrier

Would you PLEASE help me and give me the baseband that you think will fix my issue?
If not, do you recommend on wiping the system and uploading the image with the Nexus4 toolkit?

Thanks in advance...

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Here you go. This is a flashable zip that you can flash in twrp. It's the newest baseband available. Good luck! http://click.xda-developers.com/api...//d-h.st/lYW&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13757370859347 . I also don't know a ton about the nexus toolkit, but returning to stock might fix your issue as well. I'm a Samsung person, I know those phones well, but anything else I don't know a ton about.

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but here in my country we dont have LTE, do you recommend me flashing this one or the lateste one?

Also, im currently on 4.2.2, but I flashed 4.2.1 gapps, do you think this is the cause of my issue?

Im also downloading the factory image on my toolkit...

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend flashing back to stock, android 4.2.2 because 4.3 has issues. I would get it as much back to stock as possible, because that would be your best bet on getting it working again. I've had signal issues before, and it was the baseband. I think the baseband will fix it, but if not stock is your best bet

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the baseband you gave me and nothing...

Im now officially worried...

Do you recommend wiping the system?
Any other advice?

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Stock is my advice man, that's your best bet. There are many guides, Google should help you find a guide to return to stock. At this point though, it doesn't look good. Chances are it's an efs problem, and it needs to be sent in for repairs. For future reference, always make a backup of important files like that, it's one of the few that's almost impossible to recover if something goes wrong

donchele

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I know man, Im pretty much f up right now...
I will try to revert it to stock today...
My only doubt is that one, shoul or Shouldnt I wipe system before reverting it?

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Wiping the system won't matter, because the stock flash will wipe it automatically. You're good to flash stock currently, you shouldn't have any problems and you don't need to wipe anything. You might have to do a factory reset when the phone is back to stock, but that's it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non