Moving to Android?

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
To see the nexus 4 in person perhaps someone on craigslist.org might be selling it in your area. That's how I bought mine. Anyways, the phones you have in mind are good to consider and along with that I'd add the Moto X to consideration. It is smooth with minimal bloatware and will probably get timely updates considering Google owns Motorola now. I hope you find the right phone!

Posted via Android Central App

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you josuerios, i have been holding on until iOS 7 was released to give it a fair chance and i hate it it, i was expecting something much better than it is , it's awful, i think this is what will give me the push.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you josuerios, i have been holding on until iOS 7 was released to give it a fair chance and i hate it it, i was expecting something much better than it is , it's awful, i think this is what will give me the push.

have you considered Moto X?? nexus 4 is very good and i love my phone but X is lot better than S4 and One(HTC One is still lot better than S4)

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
have you considered Moto X?? nexus 4 is very good and i love my phone but X is lot better than S4 and One(HTC One is still lot better than S4)
I have looked for the Moto X but theres nothing coming up for stores here (i'm in the UK) Nexus 4 sold out some time ago and i think shops are holding out for Nexus 5, the only Motorola phones coming up are the HD model and Razr i, are either of those worth considering being older phones?

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It seems Moto X isn't available in the UK and on reflection the other two Moto's might be a little too old soooo... I am between two now HTC one and Samsung Galaxy s4, i can't decide so any help here would be great :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems Moto X isn't available in the UK and on reflection the other two Moto's might be a little too old soooo... I am between two now HTC one and Samsung Galaxy s4, i can't decide so any help here would be great :)

ahh.. never mind. i didn't know you are from UK. I recommend HTC One

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones. You really can't go wrong with either one. Personally, I prefer the Google edition phones. So, if you can get a Google edition HTC one or S4, then get that one. In an ideal world, I would choose the HTC One Google edition. If S4, that's fine, but I would buy it a case to make it feel expensive :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Both are great phones. You really can't go wrong with either one. Personally, I prefer the Google edition phones. So, if you can get a Google edition HTC one or S4, then get that one. In an ideal world, I would choose the HTC One Google edition. If S4, that's fine, but I would buy it a case to make it feel expensive :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
oh yes, a case is a must, I seem to be favouring the s4 judging by how many times i have googled about live wallpapers, I don't know if they have a Google edition here (UK) the one i am looking at is sim free if thats anything to go by.

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
oh yes, a case is a must, I seem to be favouring the s4 judging by how many times i have googled about live wallpapers, I don't know if they have a Google edition here (UK) the one i am looking at is sim free if thats anything to go by.
Does that mean you supply your own SIM or it doesn't take/need a SIM? Here in the States the latter would mean you're on a CDMA network on Verizon or Sprint (kind of, as they need a SIM for LTE... whatever, I'm on T-Mo).

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Does that mean you supply your own SIM or it doesn't take/need a SIM? Here in the States the latter would mean you're on a CDMA network on Verizon or Sprint (kind of, as they need a SIM for LTE... whatever, I'm on T-Mo).
It means i can put any SIM card i please into it and use Pay as u go or buy a plan, i go with Pay as u go on the 3 network but if i wanted to change its a simple matter of buying another networks SIM card, the alternatives are to buy the phone locked to a network on Pay as u go or buy it on a contract, my iphone is sim free, i bought it direct from Apple on release day, when it omens to selling your handset it's better if they'r not locked to a network.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Would i be right in thinking that the HTC one is faster than galaxy s4? I read some reviews that said the s4 can lag a bit on opening apps ect, any advice would be very welcome.

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 4 and never looked back. With that being said the Nexus 5 is to be announced next month and if you could hold off for it no doubt that would be the best bet. Also the GS4 and HTC One are still great choices but you won't get the stock android experience unless you would be happy to root etc but that takes away features of the device the software was made for. Good luck with your choices and be sure to let us know.

Sent from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

Last edited:

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Try this for comparison: http://blog.laptopmag.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one

If you Google "HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4" you'll get tons of similar results. I'd say overall it depends on your needs. For example:

Galaxy s4 beats HTC One in:
- Bigger screen
- Higher resolution camera
- Bigger processor
- Lighter
- More addons/features that come with TouchWiz
- Likely to get one more update than the One.

HTC One beats Galaxy S4 in:
- Higher density screen
- A screen that is brighter in sunlight
- Better lighting for pictures in darker areas
- Cleaner, nonlaggy User Interface
- Stereo Speakers
- Clean nice looking built design

Really depends on your needs and what you expect from a phone.

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Personally between the two I'd go with the HTC One unless picture quality is really important that you'll be printing pictures you take. I would've preferred the galaxy s4 Google play edition since it removes lag and is super clean but I don't think it's available if you live in the UK.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your input, it's great to get feedback, joshuerios the comparison was helpful, i have looked at so many comparisons that it was making my head spin but that one seemed to be more straight forward, the HTC does seem the better phone, it's important to me after having iphone 5 that i get a phone that is just as zippy (iOS 7 has killed the love of iphone for me now) i'm going today to look at HTC in more detail as previously i mainly looked at the s4, thanks again every one, more feed back is welcome.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is a silly question but i have MacBook Pro as my main computer, of course with iphone its compatible, if i get an android phone will it play nice with my Pro, i.e doing updates?

bhkjunk

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is a silly question but i have MacBook Pro as my main computer, of course with iphone its compatible, if i get an android phone will it play nice with my Pro, i.e doing updates?

Android phones don't really need to be connected to computers; for the most part, everything is done cloud based. There's no iTunes so to say.
I've been on Android for 3 years, and have plugged my phone in maybe 5 times.
That being said, when you plug in an Android phone, it becomes a flash storage device, so it should work with any computer or os. It operates just as if you plugged in a USB flash drive.
To me, the main real world differences between the HTC One and the S4 are this:
If you want a removable battery and expandable memory via microsd, go S4.
Otherwise, go HTC One.
Everything else to me is the same, or so close that it doesn't make much of a difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy