Nexus 4 OTA update 4.3 Jelly Bean

fclcnexus

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought my new Nexus 4, and now I have this update notification showing. It's an update from my stock android to 4.3 jelly bean. I've been reading a lot of bugs have come out since they upgraded their nexus 4 to android 4.3. Most articles/forums were dated a month ago. Are these bugs been solved now? Should i update my nexus 4? Thanks.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
There were very few actual bugs, mostly just apps that needed updating to the new OS. You'll be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that most people had no bugs. People don't usually go online and say Hey I am bug free... But the ones with a problem will post online. Most issues were app related or root related and if you are stock you should be AOK!

LillyFox

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated this with no issues but I do remember the early updates as having issues which I think have been corrected

Posted via Android Central App

lalu123

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
4.3 has caused me a lot of problems. My battery doesn't hold a proper charge anymore ... the phone re-boots constantly, it will turn off at 50% charge and will hand up on calls.

4.3 is really buggy..and needs an update fast.

LillyFox

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
4.3 has caused me a lot of problems. My battery doesn't hold a proper charge anymore ... the phone re-boots constantly, it will turn off at 50% charge and will hand up on calls.

4.3 is really buggy..and needs an update fast.

I'm curious if the buggy update is carrier related , meaning the added bloatware I have a factory unlocked non branded device and have yet to experience these issues since I updated. So many of those I know have issues however. I believe they bought their phones though their carriers .

Posted via Android Central App