Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

My Brand new nexus 5 black 32gb has a problem were the LED flash will simply not work. I called up Google to do a RMA but the problem is not only the $400 hold they need they also neglected to tell me there is a 2-3 week backorder even on RMA's...I just returned it instead...I am very disappointed to say the least.

keef56

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Main problem for me currently is the poor volume output. I have had to select a pretty sad ring tone so that I can hear it when someone rings me and my phone is in my pocket. I did hear that there may be a patch soon but until then, I'll just have to keep listening hard:)

Also - I was looking for a half decent visual voicemail app and as I have o2 I used TUGO. It all worked except when I play back a voice message - no sound! so I'm back to 901. o2 said that TUGO wouldn't work on voicemail whilst I was on WiFi but that seems a bit lame.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

I've been noticing when I leave my house and jump off of WiFi my phone goes to HSPA+ and not LTE. I have to power cycle the phone for it to acquire LTE. Any thoughts???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

brianwong

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

I have found that my nexus have some kind of dent ant the bottom of the phone on the glass, I can kind of see it from the sides, but I can't feel it or anything. Did anyone have this problem?

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I've been noticing when I leave my house and jump off of WiFi my phone goes to HSPA+ and not LTE. I have to power cycle the phone for it to acquire LTE. Any thoughts???

At first my complaint was that it would be on LTE & it wouldn't switch to hspa when there was no LTE. I had to select 3G under network settings and then it would change and pages would load again. Now it seems to me like its using hspa more often but it still does switch to LTE from time to time so its all good as I don't have to manually change now.

Are you sure you have good LTE signal? Maybe not and that's why its choosing hspa instead?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

At first my complaint was that it would be on LTE & it wouldn't switch to hspa when there was no LTE. I had to select 3G under network settings and then it would change and pages would load again. Now it seems to me like its using hspa more often but it still does switch to LTE from time to time so its all good as I don't have to manually change now.

Are you sure you have good LTE signal? Maybe not and that's why its choosing hspa instead?

I have a note 3 and Moto X, the LTE signal is fine on both of those.

ohwitty

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I have a horrible static/hissing sound on all of the videos I record. And when I speak, there's a burst of static that accompanies my voice during video recording.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I am on T-Mobile 30 dollar perpaid plan from my old T-Mobile S3.

I seem to have an issue with turning off or losing my wifi connection and the only mobile data does not kick in. I have no bars to full bars but still no mobile data connection.I find I must toggle between network access port connections or restore default access port connection and then my mobile data will connect.

I also don't understand the constant switch to lte then hspa + with varying bar singles and I rarely see edge. This is separate problem that I have had on myS3 and problem happens at work at home. Surprisingly my N5 worked pretty well at work and at home for no apparent reason.(I don't think this will last and I will have same spotty service again tomorrow ) I still have the WiFi and mobile data issue.

Is anyone have suggestions to what's going on any possible solutions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

When I try to set an image as a wallpaper that is not to scale, the pan and zoom that I select never take effect. It always reverts back to a centered position. Can anybody confirm?

Posted via Android Central App

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I am on T-Mobile 30 dollar perpaid plan from my old T-Mobile S3.

I seem to have an issue with turning off or losing my wifi connection and the only mobile data does not kick in. I have no bars to full bars but still no mobile data connection.I find I must toggle between network access port connections or restore default access port connection and then my mobile data will connect.

I also don't understand the constant switch to lte then hspa + with varying bar singles and I rarely see edge. This is separate problem that I have had on myS3 and problem happens at work at home. Surprisingly my N5 worked pretty well at work and at home for no apparent reason.(I don't think this will last and I will have same spotty service again tomorrow ) I still have the WiFi and mobile data issue.

Is anyone have suggestions to what's going on any possible solutions?

My reception fluctuates and hands off between LTE and HSPA much more than it did on my GS4. As of right now, it's not so much a problem, since my hand-off seems almost instantaneous and there doesn't seem to be a loss in data transfer.

My work has a low LTE signal so on my GS4 when it would hand off to HSPA, there would be a few seconds where I lost data con connectivity.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

My reception fluctuates and hands off between LTE and HSPA much more than it did on my GS4. As of right now, it's not so much a problem, since my hand-off seems almost instantaneous and there doesn't seem to be a loss in data transfer.

My work has a low LTE signal so on my GS4 when it would hand off to HSPA, there would be a few seconds where I lost data con connectivity.

I wonder what going on with my N5.

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Idk if anyone else has posted this but if I have a media app open in the background and I'm on the homescreen, when I try to adjust the phone volume it adjusts the media volume. Kind of a minor annoyance. I have to close out all my media apps (YouTube, Pandora, etc.) before I can use the "ok Google" functionality.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Idk if anyone else has posted this but if I have a media app open in the background and I'm on the homescreen, when I try to adjust the phone volume it adjusts the media volume. Kind of a minor annoyance. I have to close out all my media apps (YouTube, Pandora, etc.) before I can use the "ok Google" functionality.

This is what's supposed to happen. When you hit the volume button, a volume slider should pop up with a button next to it (correct me if I'm wrong). If you hit the button, it will bring up more volume options.

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

Oliver Kasper

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Well, I thought that I had read everything about setting up the Nexus 5 on Consumer Cellular (CC) and was ready for everything to work. Everything does work except the reception of MMS images. I cannot send MMS or receive any pictures. All other systems work without a hitch. Am I missing something or is this a limitation of CC? Any help is greatly appreciated!

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Well, I thought that I had read everything about setting up the Nexus 5 on Consumer Cellular (CC) and was ready for everything to work. Everything does work except the reception of MMS images. I cannot send MMS or receive any pictures. All other systems work without a hitch. Am I missing something or is this a limitation of CC? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Are your apn settings correct?

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod

chukka63

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

you may need to activate that with your carrier

sahuagin

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Only problem I have, and I have not seen it anywhere else (?) is that any photos stored/taken and the homescreen is peppered with milticoloured dots, mainly Red and White but if I move the picture/page the colour changes.
Anyone else seen this?

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Interesting..I use an iPhone 5s and a Moto X..I really prefer the clean look of stock Android which is even better in KitKat, and will cobble together whatever it takes to make it the way i want it. If the others just added functionality that would be one thing but I don't like their skins. My only issue is do I want a Nexus 5 over the Moto X when the Moto X is on Verizon and just received KitKat.

I have problems with the People (Contacts) app, which is more of a Kit Kat thing, but annoying nonetheless. I have the app sync with my Exchange account and It has created a contact for every email address I have used on my computer at work, most of which are not in my contacts. I cannot find a way to only show only my actual contacts. I have around actual 200 contacts and it is showing 865 contacts. If someone has a fix, I would love to know.

Is the lock screen supposed to be able shortcut to apps? It looks like it should, but I cannot find any setting for it. You can move in four directions, but they all just unlock the screen.

Overall, I am underwhelmed with the phone and Kit Kat. The phone is fine and has some good points, it is just not as good as others out there, for my purposes. The price point is a huge plus, but there are a lot of things that other manufacturers offer with their software that are missing from stock android. There are apps to fill many of the gaps, but I feel like I am working too hard to get what LG, HTC, Samsung and others give you out of the box (and work better). I have a hard time convincing myself that I should use it instead of my GS4, G2 or Note III.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty