Google drive

doug14

Nov 12, 2013
plus.google.com
I'm thinking about utilising Google drive for more uses such as storing my music etc.
I know I can do this but is it easily listened to if I do?
Also can I put app data on drive and still use games, eg if I have ff3 and the app is installed to my phone, could I then move the data folder into drive and it would still work?

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Google has a music specific site for music: Google Music and then an associated app to play it:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gle.android.apps.youtube.music&token=sLE0Wm1O

You can upload up to 20,000 songs for free (it also does a matching thing so you don't have to upload them), and then play them back through the cloud or pin them to your device.

In addition, you can subscribe to the All Access pass for $10/month which gives you access to Google's entire music library, and functions similar to other music streaming services (playlists, exploration/discovery, etc). But if you just want to store your music and play it back, you get storage for 20,000 songs for free.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the app data, no, that won't work. You need to be able to backup the data via an app or desktop client (Helium) then move the file to the other device and restore the app data.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa