I messed up.......and now, a myriad of problems :(

timbomcchoi

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So as soon as update files for 4.4.3 came out, I installed them right away (I'm in Korea, and it takes some time before OTA begins here).

Things happened, and currently, it seems like I have the following problems.
  1. Package Installer crashes whenever I try to run a *.apk file
  2. Cannot enter App settings (Settings > Apps)
  3. Location Services do not seem to work, both GPS and cellular location
  4. Unable to connect to some Wifi networks (even some that I've connected to before)
  5. Mobile data connection is sloggy, and often switches between LTE, HSPA+, and even 'no connection'
  6. Occasional Exchange Services

I'm not particularly well-versed in the android world; I just know how to do what I want/need, and I have no idea what is causing it....:p

also I've seen some of the symptoms above being mentioned as a bug inherent in KitKat 4.4.3, so I don't know where to begin, either...

If anybody has a vague idea of what's causing these, please help!!! It's finals week here and I can't use my phone the way I used to without Xposed......thanks in advance :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So as soon as update files for 4.4.3 came out, I installed them right away (I'm in Korea, and it takes some time before OTA begins here).

Things happened, and currently, it seems like I have the following problems.
  1. Package Installer crashes whenever I try to run a *.apk file
  2. Cannot enter App settings (Settings > Apps)
  3. Location Services do not seem to work, both GPS and cellular location
  4. Unable to connect to some Wifi networks (even some that I've connected to before)
  5. Mobile data connection is sloggy, and often switches between LTE, HSPA+, and even 'no connection'
  6. Occasional Exchange Services

I'm not particularly well-versed in the android world; I just know how to do what I want/need, and I have no idea what is causing it....:p

also I've seen some of the symptoms above being mentioned as a bug inherent in KitKat 4.4.3, so I don't know where to begin, either...

If anybody has a vague idea of what's causing these, please help!!! It's finals week here and I can't use my phone the way I used to without Xposed......thanks in advance :)

Have you tried clearing the cache in recovery? Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-rooting-roms-hacks/352008-guide-nexus-5-recovery.html

timbomcchoi

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So no nandroid before you side loaded? You may have to flash the image then.

-Sent from Nexus 5
I use titanium, and I have backups, or rather had... I had automatic backups scheduled, and it seems to have been overwritten since problem started. :-/
Have you done a factory reset?
I have not, but if it seems like there are no other ways, or the alternatives are very arduous, I might as well go through with it....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

timbomcchoi

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I should also mention that I'm having issues with Dialer as well. I seem to be unable to use the search function; as soon as I input a single letter in the search box, the process crashes immediately.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
as mentioned above, it was not an OTA; I flashed it directly from Google's update files, but okay, I might as well :p

Yes, but assuming you used the update and not a full system flash, it's possibly the same thing.

Good luck, hope that works.

timbomcchoi

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but assuming you used the update and not a full system flash, it's possibly the same thing.

Good luck, hope that works.
yeah I got impatient, and just went on with the erase everything and start over option........ all is well now! wifi still seems a bit buggy, but I'm seeing that this is an issue innate to 4.4.3. thanks!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non