The Nexus 5 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
the first report in this thread of the official OTA landing was on 3-12-15. today is the 25th!

Which means it hasn't even been two weeks yet. It is not uncommon for it to take that long sometimes. Have heard nothing about this release being stopped, though. Usually it is me that seems to be the neglected one, but I got it very quickly on the N5, and then several days later on the N10.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Which means it hasn't even been two weeks yet. It is not uncommon for it to take that long sometimes. Have heard nothing about this release being stopped, though. Usually it is me that seems to be the neglected one, but I got it very quickly on the N5, and then several days later on the N10.

it's been 2 weeks.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just popping in to make sure I'm not the last person to get the ota lol. I'll be out all day Sunday so I suppose that's my next best chance.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I found this in the comments section at Android Police article, posted by brkshr.

"People! You don't have to be on the latest build!

D = International version
E = Verizon version
I = Australian carrier version
M = T-Mobile version

If you're on AT&T, you probably want to remain on the D build.

With that said, all builds work on all networks. Specific builds are optimized for the specific networks listed earlier. Don't stress over not being on the latest build. As Android Police stated elsewhere. All of these builds/optimizations will probably be rolled into one update later on. Almost all of the changes on these different builds are SIM related for specific carriers."

Changelog Posted For Android 5.1.0_r1 (LMY47D) To 5.1.0_r3 (LMY47I), Mostly Small Fixes For SIM Cards

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing here. Still running 5.0.1 which I got very quickly, same with 5.0. I have a feeling they stopped pushing the OTA 5.1, since there's a new build number for 5.1. I'm assuming they decided to patch some of the original 5.1 bugs and issues, hence people have stopped getting the OTA, until the new patched (Hopefully bug-free) build is ready for OTA rollout. I Loved my phone on 5.0. Then the update to 5.0.1 turned it into a RAM leaking, battery devouring piece of $hit. New bugs have developed since 5.0.1 for me, and just very recently. My flashlight will only stay on for a couple minutes, then when it shuts off, it won't turn back on without a reboot. And most annoying, is randomly when I open Google Play Music, it will not play anything at all, and even the last song that was playing that's usually at the bottom, isn't there. After a reboot, it's fine. I'm just beyond sick and tired of having to reboot constantly just for small, Stock apps to function properly. Ugh. Praying the new update fixes all this crap, whatever build number it ends up being, and I am Really hoping it rolls out soon. So frustrating..... Wish I could go back to 5.0. Anyone know how to go about doing that? Or is there a how-to somewhere on the internet I can try??

Posted via Android Central App

Davulsukur

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Coming from windows phone I am used to slow update releases. It would be nice to get the latest update on my Nexus 5 but at the moment, I can wait.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Still nothing here. Still running 5.0.1 which I got very quickly, same with 5.0. I have a feeling they stopped pushing the OTA 5.1, since there's a new build number for 5.1. I'm assuming they decided to patch some of the original 5.1 bugs and issues, hence people have stopped getting the OTA, until the new patched (Hopefully bug-free) build is ready for OTA rollout.

You are correct. It is pretty much confirmed now that the 5.1.0 update stopped getting pushed out because a newer revision was released.... so the whole process will now start over again... fun

Tijnk

Nov 3, 2013
plus.google.com
I just received the OTA for 5.1 build LMY47I on my Nexus 5. My provider is Vodafone (The Netherlands).
Installed and working perfectly fine, no issues thus far. Too early to report on battery but I had no issues on 5.0.1 anyway.

First impression is that it seems to be quicker and smoother. Will report back later.

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Just received the 5.1 update on my N5. First impressions are pretty positive. Will post detailed feedback later.

Edit: The phone feels noticeably snappier with 5.1. It seems the animations have been quickened up slightly. The responsive is quite obvious in the multitasking cards - both while scrolling through the cards and also in the instantaneous response while opening the card ui.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87