The Nexus 5 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

van_basten

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated a few days ago. The phone definitely feels faster and battery lasts longer. Since 5.0 my Nexus 5's battery has been struggling to last through a day with moderate use (around 2 hours screen time). With 5.1 it lasts through the whole day easy and sometimes 1.5 days. Can't be happier.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
For those who are just now getting the update, could you please say which 5.1 build you got? LMY47D or LMY47I? Those who got the update a few weeks ago (like myself) got the former. If it is the latter, what did you update from? 5.0 or the earlier build of 5.1?

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
For those who are just now getting the update, could you please say which 5.1 build you got? LMY47D or LMY47I? Those who got the update a few weeks ago (like myself) got the former. If it is the latter, what did you update from? 5.0 or the earlier build of 5.1?

When I got Android 5.1 yesterday, it was build LMY47I.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, thanks. Best I can tell, I don't yet see a report of anyone with the earlier build of 5.1 getting the later build of 5.1 pushed to them.

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I have received the OTA for 3 days running, but continue to get an "ERROR" with the Android guy with Red Triangle. I even factory reset my N5 two of the three times thinking it would fix the problem. Each time I get the same "ERROR". Like others it did stick on the "Waiting to Download" for way longer than I would think. Out of the three times, I did it over WiFi only thinking maybe AT&T was screwing something up after doing it on LTE. After the download started it verified it and went to install. Halfway through, thereabouts, is when the error happens. I've never Rooted my N5, out of personal preference- don't feel like I need to root an Nexus, other devices I've rooted. I do have my bootloader unlocked on my N5. Any ideas out there? I hope I don't get stuck on 5.0.1. These WiFi and Bluetooth issues I have are killing me. I had a N6 for a week and it was just a little big for what I needed so I busted my N5 back out of the box hoping 5.1 would fix my issues when it rolled out. Thanks for any input anyone can provide.

Oh I did get a call into CS at Google and they are kind of baffled at what the issue is.

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Just received my notice...I'm on the fence.
I'm also geeting my first ever Wi-Fi connection dropped type app messages on 5.01

Deep in thought!
I'm going to take a shower and then take the plunge!

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I got my update yesterday. Build 471. One thing I noticed so far is that I am now getting text notifications on bluetooth car radio. While this always worked with textra and messages, it never worked with hangouts. Now it does. Nice.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Today, April 2 , I went to Settings→Backup & Reset → Factory Data Reset. After the phone reboot the notification of 5.1 upgrade was at the screen. I select - touch it , then all Google Apps began to download at the Google Play Store . When all finished, I check out Settings→ About Phone and to my surprise my Nexus 5 was at 5.0.1 not 5.1, so went to the kitchen to fix some dark and bold coffee, lit a Marlboro and drank the coffee. Go back to the phone and again a 5.1 notification at the screen. So this time I went to Settings →About Phone → System Updates and there was 5.1 upgrade, I touch or select it and the phone start the upgrade and after that the upgrading of 107 apps. When all was done I disable some Google apps that I don't use and enable some of my paid apps. Everything is working good and fast, so I'm a happy old Android freak man.uploadfromtaptalk1428007662452.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

drewpydog

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Got mine last night in NC. Wiped cache after. Haven't had time to test the battery life, but lag is gone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed mine using the Nexus Root Toolkit and no whipe mode a few days after the update came out.

I've been thrilled with the performance (I have the D version). Battery is greatly improved, app performance is much better, and it seems like call quality is better as well. It's like an upgraded new phone.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I got the update early in the process (weeks ago) and was LMY47D. I am not sure if it will update again to LMY47I or not (which I presume is even more current, from the second round of updates). Guess we wait and see

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the update early in the process (weeks ago) and was LMY47D. I am not sure if it will update again to LMY47I or not (which I presume is even more current, from the second round of updates). Guess we wait and see
Given that both are named as version 5.1 I also doubt we will see an OTA update from D to I. Once again, this demonstrates the hopeless state of Google's management and communication of Android updates. What sense can there be giving 2 different firmwares the same version number?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe