The Nexus 5 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You are correct. It is pretty much confirmed now that the 5.1.0 update stopped getting pushed out because a newer revision was released.... so the whole process will now start over again... fun

I just got my OTA of 5.1(r3) LMY47I today, and it is ******* awesome!! My phone was great with 5.0, then 5.0.1 ruined it, and now it's better than ever. No freezes, no crashes, no RAM leak as of yet, battery life seems better so far, my WiFi and LTE network connectivity issues are entirely gone, and it's just all around quicker and smoother. I finally love my phone again!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
While 5.1 has enhanced the general responsiveness, here are two issues that I have observed-
1. Substantial lag while fast scrolling through the recent calls list.
2. The phone app is isn't as responsive as the other parts of the UI

Can someone please check and confirm whether the above issues exist after the update to 5.1, especially issue 1?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I finally got Android 5.1 and it's the LMY471 build. Seems to work great but I really had no problems with Android 5.0. I had a few problems with apps but it will take time to see how that works out.

I'm happy.

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So after 24 hours with 5.1, I have Zero RAM leak, the battery seems to be lasting a little longer, my speed tests with WiFi and LTE are even higher than ever. Not a single crash or freeze with pretty heavy usage, leaving several apps open in the background while trying to task the hell out of the processor and memory. With 5.0.1, I'd wake up and have to reboot my phone to get rid of lag from RAM leak. I'd generally have between 300-600MB free with nothing open. Now, I've had between 800MB-1.3GB available, with nothing running in the foreground. Compared to a friend's Nexus 6 with 5.1, my phone is faster with Everything from booting up to opening apps, from the stock apps to games and benchmark apps. So nice :-D Well done, Google. Finally got it right.

Posted via Android Central App

randyr45

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Just received the OTA update to 5.1 earlier today (April 1). Was stuck on the "waiting to download" screen for about 15 minutes but it began the download soon after. The upgrade is still optimizing apps, but I hope to report my experiences after a good 24hrs of use.

Tijnk

Nov 3, 2013
plus.google.com
While 5.1 has enhanced the general responsiveness, here are two issues that I have observed-

Can someone please check and confirm whether the above issues exist after the update to 5.1, especially issue 1?

I can confirm issue 1 more or less. It's slightly 'stuttery' for me as well with only a few of the call history. If I tap to load the complete history, the issue becomes even more noticable in terms of lag. As for issue 2, other than the recent/history tab, it seems to respond just fine here.

As for my other experiences, no noticeable difference in battery (it was running just fine before, never had a battery leak). Memory seems ok, I did have a few issues with this over the past weeks but the homescreen reloading as such is not present anymore. Overall the animations seems to have been fastened a little which makes the phone feel even snappier. I must say, I'm quite happy with it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

wipe cache partition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174