Nexus 5 keeps dropping LTE and service

wyteryno

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 build # LMY48B, Android Lollipop 5.1.1 and at my house there is good 4g LTE coverage. I have straight talk BYOP With the AT&T Sim. The problem usually starts like this, the phone will show that is has good signal and is connected to LTE but if I try using the data on say a app, the app will Time out and I will close the app and the phone totally loses service for a while and reconnects to hspa. Then it works great under hspa until automatically reconnecting to LTE and timing out again. I've set my preferred network to 3g (hspa) and ot seems to work and hold signal all day. Oh and it automatically connects to my Wi-Fi and will which mess's up my connection when trying to reconnect. And even when I have the preferred network set to 3g (hspa) and it keeps service but will not WOk no internet access even tho it shows signal until I reboot or turn it on and off.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 build # LMY48B, Android Lollipop 5.1.1 and at my house there is good 4g LTE coverage. The problem usually starts like this, the phone will show that is has good signal and is connected to LTE but if I try using the data on say a app, the app will Time out and I will close the app and the phone totally loses service for a while and reconnects to hspa. Then it works great under hspa until automatically reconnecting to LTE and timing out again. I've set my preferred network to 3g (hspa) and ot seems to work and hold signal all day. Oh and it automatically connects to my Wi-Fi and will which mess's up my connection when trying to reconnect.

carrier?????????????????