12-14-2014 11:12 AM
118 123 ...
tools
    Now that a fair amount of people have had time with their devices, I've began to see many complaints. Some fair, some seem very nitpicky.

I personally am supposed to be getting my Nexus Monday, possibly today. And honestly, after reading through here and XDA, I'm already expecting to return it. I'm going to give it a chance, but being on AT&T Next, I don't feel comfortable keeping it for the long haul. I'm not 100% sure how warranty/insurance works on their end, but I don't think it's nearly the same as getting it directly from GPS or Moto. Either way, if these problems persist, I'll probably just get a G3 and wait for next year...
    11-29-2014 11:45 AM
    No problems here.
    I will be keeping mine.

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.
    TraderGary, Robbie317 and Lee_Bo like this.
    11-29-2014 11:49 AM
    You won't be able to pry mine away from me.

There seems to be two camps:

1. Those who primarily want a phone that happens to be Internet aware.

2. Those who primarily want a computer that happens to have a phone on it.

Camp 1 is more likely to return it.
    11-29-2014 12:01 PM
    I didn't touch my iPhone 6 plus since I got my nexus 6 two weeks ago..I really love my nexus 6..

No problem at all..
    Don't trust a lot of internet..some got complain even they don't have a phone..
    Lee_Bo and EnigmaticPsychotic like this.
    11-29-2014 12:07 PM
    Now that a fair amount of people have had time with their devices, I've began to see many complaints. Some fair, some seem very nitpicky.

I personally am supposed to be getting my Nexus Monday, possibly today. And honestly, after reading through here and XDA, I'm already expecting to return it. I'm going to give it a chance, but being on AT&T Next, I don't feel comfortable keeping it for the long haul. I'm not 100% sure how warranty/insurance works on their end, but I don't think it's nearly the same as getting it directly from GPS or Moto. Either way, if these problems persist, I'll probably just get a G3 and wait for next year...
    One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make is reading forums before they get their phone. Mainly because you will start to look for the problems people are talking about instead of enjoying your phone.

Try to forget about everything you read, and just use the phone. It's a great device. All phones have their share of issues, and this one is no exception. But it's a beast of a phone, and every time I think I might return it I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

And if I do return it, it will be to get it from the Play store and not AT&T. I ordered from at&t before I knew it was going to be SIM locked, and have that awful splash screen and startup sound.
    11-29-2014 12:08 PM
    I had some reservations before I received the device, but I'm (knock on wood) not seeing any of the issues being discussed in the community.

So far, the N6 has exceeded my expectations. Unless some major issue arises before Tuesday, I'm going to keep it.

Edit: 32gb MB from Motorola, encrypted with Samsung eMMC and DRAM (Sprint)
    Robbie317 and AnnDroid like this.
    11-29-2014 12:10 PM
    Not a chance... Best phone I've ever owned, and the best phone out there (imho.)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    VW Maverick and Lee_Bo like this.
    11-29-2014 12:18 PM
    One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make is reading forums before they get their phone. Mainly because you will start to look for the problems people are talking about instead of enjoying your phone.

Try to forget about everything you read, and just use the phone. It's a great device. All phones have their share of issues, and this one is no exception. But it's a beast of a phone, and every time I think I might return it I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

And if I do return it, it will be to get it from the Play store and not AT&T. I ordered from at&t before I knew it was going to be SIM locked, and have that awful splash screen and startup sound.
    EXACTLY! I always say you can read reviews and forums but take everything you read with a nice helping of salt! The bad and the good never seems to be as bad or as good as people make it out to be!

That said I love this device.. it's just about everything I didn't even know I wanted and needed.....
    11-29-2014 12:39 PM
    Yeah I guess. I tend to be optimistic, but I have REALLY high expectations for this phone. And I'm very excited, but trying to stay realistic as well.

I understand, as with ANY mass produced product, there are going to be defective parts. (I work at a factory and see this on a daily basis, don't buy a car with a Chrysler made 9 speed transmission). So I guess I should understand.

This is my first Nexus, and my second time with Motorola. I swore them off after my Droid 3 but a lot has changed lol.

I really can't wait, I check the tracking site every 15 minutes.
    TallyHo likes this.
    11-29-2014 12:53 PM
    I'm holding onto mine for the long haul.
    Robbie317 likes this.
    11-29-2014 01:10 PM
    I have always been a Nexus fan, and the nexus 6 is a well built phone. lollipop is awesome too . but I'm still returning mine based on it's just too big and the battery life is only so so. if the nexus 6 downsize the screen to 5.5in and better battery life, then I would definitely keep it. using an oneplus one now and loving it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-29-2014 01:20 PM
    Yeah I guess. I tend to be optimistic, but I have REALLY high expectations for this phone. And I'm very excited, but trying to stay realistic as well.

I understand, as with ANY mass produced product, there are going to be defective parts. (I work at a factory and see this on a daily basis, don't buy a car with a Chrysler made 9 speed transmission). So I guess I should understand.

This is my first Nexus, and my second time with Motorola. I swore them off after my Droid 3 but a lot has changed lol.

People who post on forums are the vocal minority. For every one that has a valid issue or complaint, there are probably 20 who are completely happy.

You can't go off what people are saying. You have to experience it yourself.

I, too, am waiting for my phone to come in Tuesday or Wednesday and I can't wait.
    Robbie317 likes this.
    11-29-2014 02:51 PM
    My Beaty and the Beast Nexus 6 is flawless and will be keeping it. Just a few enhancements needed that Google may add in an update.

Led notification light----currently using noled app from market.
    Would like to be able to put wallpaper on lock screen.
    Tweak battery performance.

Ian B
    Robbie317, qnet and VW Maverick like this.
    11-29-2014 03:06 PM
    My Beaty and the Beast Nexus 6 is flawless and will be keeping it. Just a few enhancements needed that Google may add in an update.

Ian B
    Early adoption does have it's drawbacks.... but I love this monster!
    11-29-2014 03:35 PM
    Early adoption does have it's drawbacks.... but I love this monster!
    I hear you but recently turned 48 and have grown to have patience and most if not all will be addressed by Google. Done with the rootin scene to get a couple of features that break something and have to be flashing update zip files.

Ian ab
    Robbie317 and Emperor like this.
    11-29-2014 04:18 PM
    I hear you but recently turned 48 and have grown to have patience and most if not all will be addressed by Google. Done with the rootin scene to get a couple of features that break something and have to be flashing update zip files.

Ian ab
    I did the rooting thing for years! Nexus 5 was first non rooted phone.. I am patient and know the device will only get better with updates going forward! I'm okay with the growing pains of early adoption...
    qnet likes this.
    11-29-2014 04:54 PM

Ian B
    You can't put a wallpaper on the lock screen? What?
    11-29-2014 05:44 PM
    This is my first nexus device ever. I am liking it. The only thing that I don't like is twice now it have rebooted by itself but every time it comes back on it is downloading a update from the play store. Is this normal? Can this be fixed with a software update? Is there a option I am missing so the phone doesn't reboot if it needs to down load a update?

It seems to vlbe updates for one of the major apps like google services or whatever

From Nexus 6
    11-29-2014 05:55 PM
    I returned mine and got the iphone 6+. Nothing bad with the phone but the iphone 6+ screen is simply beautiful compared to the nexus 6 which has more of an yellow tint to it. Camera on the iphone is superb compared to the nexus 6.

Also I felt lollipop is much better on my nexus 5. I saw lag while opening the phone dialer and even dialing numbers on the nexus 6. Some App icons look faded and stretched on the nexus 6.

I keep switching between android and ios and I am not really invested in any of the platforms. I just felt the iphone 6+ is a much better option than the nexus 6 for 100 bucks more. purely my thoughts...
    11-29-2014 06:40 PM
    Only have 2 reasons that I even briefly thought about taking it back. Those reasons are because I have a ps4 and remote play (Z3) would mean no more sharing the TV. The other reason is because multi window (note 4) is a godsend and would be even better on this 6 inch screen. Other than that this is the best phone I've ever had.

11-29-2014 06:53 PM

Lol swore off motorola after my motorola photon on disgusting sprint.... It's also the reason why I bought the nexus 4

11-29-2014 07:31 PM
    This is my first nexus device ever. I am liking it. The only thing that I don't like is twice now it have rebooted by itself but every time it comes back on it is downloading a update from the play store. Is this normal? Can this be fixed with a software update? Is there a option I am missing so the phone doesn't reboot if it needs to down load a update?

It seems to vlbe updates for one of the major apps like google services or whatever

From Nexus 6
    Doesn't sound normal! I've had mine going on two weeks now and it's never rebooted randomly once... I've only rebooted once and it was during an update but it asked to reboot and install new update...
    11-29-2014 08:04 PM
    Lol swore off motorola after my motorola photon on disgusting sprint.... It's also the reason why I bought the nexus 4

Yeah I used to have Verizon and got that as my first smart phone. I loved the slide out keyboard, but after a few months, whenever I slid it out, my screen turned off. And it just got worse, fast.

And every Droid phone Motorola has ever made just, something about them. Even the Turbo, can't stand their appearance, feel, or displays.

Obviously Nexus 6 caused a change of heart though.
    11-29-2014 08:05 PM
    You can't put a wallpaper on the lock screen? What?
    Have not figured it out. Let me know if you do.

Tia,

Ian B
    11-29-2014 08:25 PM
    For those who are experiencing software bugs, just be patient. Updates will eventually fix everything. I would not return such a new device because of software bugs.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
    11-29-2014 08:40 PM
118 123 ...