HTC Camera app on Nexus 6....SWEET

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Nope...root is not required. Just download and install the .apk that he has links to on YouTube.

Posted via the Android Central App

derdjango

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Nope...root is not required. Just download and install the .apk that he has links to on YouTube.

Do I have to install the camera port or only the apk from the camera app? And do I have to install the gallery or does it work with the stock photos app?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to install the camera port or only the apk from the camera app? And do I have to install the gallery or does it work with the stock photos app?

I installed only the apk's not the port.... And I installed both the gallery and the camera...all my photos are still showing up in google photo and in the HTC Gallery.

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, seems to work well. I don't find an HDR setting and I can't seem to manually adjust ISO but neither are really a huge deal to me just observations. And the gallery seems to not allow you to long press on a thumbnail and select multiples to mass delete which is sort of annoying.
Nice otherwise.

vladman

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, that looks amazing!

I'd very much like to give this a try, but I'm not sure I understand what I need to do. Is it literally a matter of downloading that one file you posted the link to, and installing it (on an unrooted Nexus 6)? What will that actually install? The HTC camera app?

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Thanks!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi, that looks amazing!

I'd very much like to give this a try, but I'm not sure I understand what I need to do. Is it literally a matter of downloading that one file you posted the link to, and installing it (on an unrooted Nexus 6)? What will that actually install? The HTC camera app?

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Thanks!

Yes install both and you get the camera and HTC gallery. I am using that as my main shooter now.

all_bran

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
The HTC app is just as slow as the stock nexus camera app (with the flash on). I'm struggling to see any significant benefits?

EDIT - OK, it can do 4k video, just found that. I'm assuming that's it? The camera part seems to be just as bad as stock app?

Last edited:

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The "shutter" seems faster than the stock google cam, I wouldn't call either of them slow really. Least I've had a lot worse.
Word on XDA is one needs to flash a zip and some other thing to get all the functions, might work better then too.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Takes better pictures than the HTC phones that use the camera software.. Shame how bad HTC screwed up with M9 lens.. Just proves it actually is hardware and not a software issue since this is taking way better pictures with this software than it did the short time I had the M9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress