Why does the Nexus 6 take so long to boot up?

rigelic

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 6 also takes around a minute for it to boot up which seems like forever compared to other phones. I am not sure but it could be related to the phone encryption.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus 6 also takes around a minute for it to boot up which seems like forever compared to other phones. I am not sure but it could be related to the phone encryption.

Phone encryption

Posted via my amazingly smexy Nexus 6 yo

SaltyBrine

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually I remember when I first started my device it asked me if I wanted to use the encryption feature and I said yes at the time. So now I have to login with my pin twice before it will allow me to use the phone functions. It is for security reasons so I can understand. But I'd like to speed up the process so it doesn't take so long. How much of a difference would it make to just login once. I'm trying to figure out how to get that reset so I only need to login once? Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
That's strange, since encryption is not optional. The Nexus 6 is automatically encrypted on first boot.
I believe they are talking about the pin lock to start the device. Mine also asked about it, and I enabled it. I know why it takes longer to boot, and I am fine with it. Furthermore, I like the fact my phone is rather secure (relatively).

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I believe they are talking about the pin lock to start the device. Mine also asked about it, and I enabled it. I know why it takes longer to boot, and I am fine with it. Furthermore, I like the fact my phone is rather secure (relatively).

This is my stance as well. I'm fine waiting a little for extra security. I rarely reboot anyway.

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
What is this pin lock we speak off? I don't own phone, yet . Plan to buy within week
There is an option to further secure your phone by only allowing the device to boot if your pin/pattern is input during boot. Similar to a bios password on a computer.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
As far you have encrypted phone, locked bootloader - it is secure. No chance bypass those steps. So it is your opinion. But I have phone as I bought it. Encrypted and stock ROM.

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Actually I remember when I first started my device it asked me if I wanted to use the encryption feature and I said yes at the time. So now I have to login with my pin twice before it will allow me to use the phone functions. It is for security reasons so I can understand. But I'd like to speed up the process so it doesn't take so long. How much of a difference would it make to just login once. I'm trying to figure out how to get that reset so I only need to login once? Any ideas?

Go into settings->security->screen lock->[input pin]->PIN->check "no thanks"->continue->go through the steps
sorry, this answer is a little late.....

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not just the encryption.... Yes, enabling that slows disk i/o down a bit... but the apps you have loaded is also a major component. On a fresh install, my unencrypted phone boots up fast... after loading it down with 100+ apps, now I'm sitting around 1:15 from power on to when my lock screen pops. There might be a runtime component, maybe a function of all the services that get loaded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699