Google Play services draining battery

Mark Sushil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed this issue when I realised that 1% of battery goes every 20 minutes. I see Google Play Services as the top battery drainer on my phone. I use the Moto 360 with it. I tried switching bluetooth off and checking, it's still the same, 1% every 20-30 minutes of no usage. Please do help me out.
Screenshot_2015-07-10-10-28-46.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention that yesterday before I slept, I saw the battery was at 83%. Seven hours later, it was at 70%. Is this normal? Am I over-reacting?

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you turned facial recognition lock on by any chance?

I have my facial recognition turned on, my battery drain isn't that bad but I was wondering the same thing actually... Does that drain more battery by having that feature on?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sodalimon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue on the Asus Zenfone 2 after the latest OTA update. Only worse. Like down to 60% from full charge in 5 hours with no use at all (at night while I was asleep).

When I factory reseted the phone everything went back to normal.
Until I reinstalled my apps...
It was 5.0.0 I guess (not sure right now, and I sent back the phone, got enough of x86)...

Mark Sushil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I faced crashing issues when I was on version 5.0.0. It gets fixed with 5.1.1. Everytime I check the battery after I wake up (7 hours), the battery goes down by 13%. I always see google+, maps, and google fit running when I check apps, even after I've closed it. I think I'll try putting the device on airplane mode and check if that makes any difference.

Mark Sushil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok so this time before I slept I kept the phone on airplane mode. In 7 hours, battery went from 94% to 91%. So there's definitely something with the apps i mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

Mark Sushil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
By the way, how do you guys charge your nexus? I heard you're not allowed to let the voltage pass 4.4 and also to keep the phone between 40 to 80 percent. I use my phone a lot so that would result in me charging the phone 5 to 6 times a day.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna take a wild guess and say the "R" by your signal is a good reason of why, I would assume that stands for roaming, in which case your phone is constantly looking for a better signal. Unless that is the signal for your carrier, in which case all of what I said is useless haha.

Mark Sushil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Im gonna take a wild guess and say the "R" by your signal is a good reason of why, I would assume that stands for roaming, in which case your phone is constantly looking for a better signal. Unless that is the signal for your carrier, in which case all of what I said is useless haha.

No you're right, it is in roaming. Is that why?

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Google Fit doesn't drain battery. I have all turned on, BT, 4G, Wifi and I use often internet etc. So end of day I have left 32% battery. I have bad coverage in work as well. So some app does it. Try stop or disable it for couple hours and let see what happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez