Why am I having to fully charge my phone twice a day on my Nexus 6 phone?

A

AC Question

why am i having to fully charge my phone twice a day have a nx e6 phone

My phone is fully charged and by morning its dead has not been used overnight?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: why am i having to fully charge my phone twice a day have a nx e6 phone

well based on the information provided it is any number of things.
Could be a bad battery, signal issues, rogue app running in the background, defective unit, aliens abducting you and it seems only hours when its been a day, it could be Obama, or a tear in the space time continuum. I shall reach out to the Doctor to see if we can get that tear fixed.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

My phone is fully charged and by morning its dead has not been used overnight?
I don't think anyone here can answer whether or not you used it overnight. Only you would be able to answer that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

More than likely you have a "wakelock". Go to your battery stats and look under "awake". If its solid your phones battery will drain very fast. Reboot your phone daily or every other day.

And post your battery stats. Without that or any other background information this is a useless thread.

jdsbmw

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Why? Because battery life is ATROCIOUS on the Nexus 6 running 5.1.1. My phone commonly consumes 8-10% per hour with light use. That's ATROCIOUS.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Why? Because battery life is ATROCIOUS on the Nexus 6 running 5.1.1. My phone commonly consumes 8-10% per hour with light use. That's ATROCIOUS.

Well.... depends. If you are on the phone for most of that time, its not atrocious... if its idle, yes.. you have a reason to complain. On 5.1.1, I found that my Nexus consumed about 15% an hour with the screen on and light to medium duty tasks (no gaming, turn by turn nav, etc). That's hardly atrocious. Over the course of a 24 hour day, that loosely translates to 4 1/2 to 5 hours of screen time.... or 5 1/2 to over 6 hours per charge if I charged twice a day.

That's far from atrocious.

If you are seeing the thing burn through a charge just sitting there on the table... there's something going on in the background that's messing things up. Find out what that is and you solve your battery woes.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Who are you responding to? No one asked you why. We asked for battery stats, signal quality and Awake status all of which you've decided to ignore for more ranting.

bulabula

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Prolly a rogue app. Maybe defective battery, but I would doubt that. I unplugged mine this morning at 0500 @100%, and right now at 1242 is at 68%. I've made a few calls, and watched a few threads. I'm deep inside a building with a lousy connection too.
What apps are at the top of the battery drain list?
Might want to test battery saver mode... Hth

Sent from either my Nexus 5/6/7

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Other possibility is dodgy folio type case, where the magnet or clasp keeps waking the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

I usually get a little over 5 hours screen time, but I don't play any games and maybe 10 - 15 minutes of video daily and typically have about 20% battery life remaining at 10pm. Certainly not the best, but enough for my use. I also don't have GPS running all day like some people do and most of them are clueless that its even on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but what's with all the 5.x battery woe posts that I keep seeing?

Virtually everyone that's upgraded to 6 is reporting greatly improved battery performance.
If you're on 5 and your battery sucks, the solution is pretty clear.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but what's with all the 5.x battery woe posts that I keep seeing?

Virtually everyone that's upgraded to 6 is reporting greatly improved battery performance.
If you're on 5 and your battery sucks, the solution is pretty clear.

5.1.1 tends to give you poor battery life. I charge my phone twice a day with normal use (mid day and bedtime). I'm not eager to switch to 6.0 just for better battery life, so I'm waiting for OTA , I can deal with the battery drain.

Posted via the Android Central App

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

That's what I'm averaging.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Mine is a T-Mobile version.