Thoughts about the Nexus 6

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I was just curious as to what everyone was thinking about the Nexus 6 even after the 5 X and the 6p are out. All the same hardware and software pretty much. I am still in love with my Nexus 6 regardless. And this will be the longest time I have owned one particular phone. Lol just want to share this with everyone.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I was just curious as to what everyone was thinking about the Nexus 6 even after the 5 X and the 6p are out. All the same hardware and software pretty much. I am still in love with my Nexus 6 regardless. And this will be the longest time I have owned one particular phone. Lol just want to share this with everyone.

That's great to hear :) I am in the process of choosing a different phone to try and I have narrowed itbdown to the Moto X Force/Droid Turbo 2, the Moto X Style/Pure and the Nexus 6.

I don't want to spend a fortune on one at present so the prices in the UK are as follows

Nexus 6 now reduced to £225
X Style is now £332
X Force now £450

Remember these prices are in UK Stirling as we pay more for stuff here than you do in the States :(

All three phones are available from Motorola UK and I just can't decide :)

The Force really appeals to me because of the big battery and shatterproof screen but it is the dearest in fact it is twice the price of the Nexus and I can't think that it is twice as good but of course if I dropped the Nexus and broke the screen I know it is a really expensive fix!!!! The Pure/Style is lovely and a better price but that battery will be on a par with the LG G3 I had and that's not good!

It is weird but there's something intriguing about that Nexus and I know it is big but I have a work phone and then my own phone which I use for Web browsing sending emails and watching Netflix so a bigger screen is all good.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear :) I am in the process of choosing a different phone to try and I have narrowed itbdown to the Moto X Force/Droid Turbo 2, the Moto X Style/Pure and the Nexus 6.

I don't want to spend a fortune on one at present so the prices in the UK are as follows

Nexus 6 now reduced to £225
X Style is now £332
X Force now £450

Remember these prices are in UK Stirling as we pay more for stuff here than you do in the States :(

All three phones are available from Motorola UK and I just can't decide :)

The Force really appeals to me because of the big battery and shatterproof screen but it is the dearest in fact it is twice the price of the Nexus and I can't think that it is twice as good but of course if I dropped the Nexus and broke the screen I know it is a really expensive fix!!!! The Pure/Style is lovely and a better price but that battery will be on a par with the LG G3 I had and that's not good!

It is weird but there's something intriguing about that Nexus and I know it is big but I have a work phone and then my own phone which I use for Web browsing sending emails and watching Netflix so a bigger screen is all good.
I love my Nexus 6 become of the screen. Watching anything on the phone is easy. You do have to get used to holding it, and one handing the phone while using it, is nearly impossible. As far as performance goes, there's no lag whatsoever of course. Battery life like I have said with Nova Launcher is awesome, with Google now launcher is unfortunately much less. Camera is good enough for me. The price point is nice. I've had the Moto X before, and the one thing that I will tell you is that when I had it, I found myself disabling most if not all the Motorola apps anyways because I did find that the Google Apps worked better. I that that if that's what I was doing, then I he as well just but a nexus 6 then.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nexus 6 become of the screen. Watching anything on the phone is easy. You do have to get used to holding it, and one handing the phone while using it, is nearly impossible. As far as performance goes, there's no lag whatsoever of course. Battery life like I have said with Nova Launcher is awesome, with Google now launcher is unfortunately much less. Camera is good enough for me. The price point is nice. I've had the Moto X before, and the one thing that I will tell you is that when I had it, I found myself disabling most if not all the Motorola apps anyways because I did find that the Google Apps worked better. I that that if that's what I was doing, then I he as well just but a nexus 6 then.

Thanks for the reply you love yours don't you :) when you say you have had the Moto X do you mean the Pure/Style as that is the one I like, as for Nova launcher why on earth does it make the battery last longer, weird :)

I am not great with adding lots of apps etc and as for q launcher I would have no idea how to set that up as I am sure there will be lots of fiddling around and I just wouldn't know where to start!!!!

I did read some reviews saying the screen whites were a bit yellow so is that the case or is it a great screen as I do hope it is and is it a nice bright screen as I don't do dim screens :) Someone said get the white one as the blue is a fingerprint magnet is that the case as I would have chosen the Blue one, pricewise it has just been reduced from a quite stupid £479 to a more sensible £250 and I can get 10% off that price.

Anything else you want to praise or tell me about please do as I want to know, if I just use the Google launcher will battery life be bad?

Andy

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just to add I would use it without a case and the only worry is breaking that expensive screen! I don't drop phones normally :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just to add I would use it without a case and the only worry is breaking that expensive screen! I don't drop phones normally :)
I used to have the Motorola MOTO X second generation. I love that phone screen size was great camera was good Exedra. But I guess I figured if I was disabled all the Motorola bass tabs and then let me just get a nexus kind of phone. As far as the screen size the quality the phone. everything everything's great about this phone! The battery is good I don't know why with Nova Launcher I'm guessing because the Google Search app isn't always running in the background like it is on the Google now launcher. That's the only thing I can think of. As far as apps go, apps are apps. I haven't really lost my bootloader in up either because I have stated another message threads I love the iOS emoticons with people Android emoticons suck. I know that I can probably unlock it with marshmallow I'm just I don't know lazy or I just don't want to do it.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
To me, at that price it's no contest - Nexus 6. Even if the price were roughly equal to the others, I'd probably still vote for the Nexus 6.

We have 4 in the family and no problems whatsoever. Well built, good looking, a better camera than it gets credit for, fast and smooth as warm butter. We have WiFi calling on T-Mobile, very nice to have. Maybe the best thing is having pure, unsullied Android.

I'll be using this phone for a long time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To me, at that price it's no contest - Nexus 6. Even if the price were roughly equal to the others, I'd probably still vote for the Nexus 6.

We have 4 in the family and no problems whatsoever. Well built, good looking, a better camera than it gets credit for, fast and smooth as warm butter. We have WiFi calling on T-Mobile, very nice to have. Maybe the best thing is having pure, unsullied Android.

my Nexus 6 just rebooted by itself but and never ever ever does that so I'm not going to put a past it's still a smartphone after all and the amount of times we use our phones it's understandable.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Has to be the best handset I've owned. Although I have said that about previous phones, Galaxy S4m HTC Desire HD.

In terms of battery with Google Now launcher, size speakers, speed of phone, build quality and now with a custom skin from dbrand, it's the best phone for me.

I concur that the camera is underrated.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Has to be the best handset I've owned. Although I have said that about previous phones, Galaxy S4m HTC Desire HD.

In terms of battery with Google Now launcher, size speakers, speed of phone, build quality and now with a custom skin from dbrand, it's the best phone for me.

Yes like I have said my phone doesn't reboot at all ever so I can't even complain about that once in a blue moon ratio to how often means we use our smartphones it's not a big deal, battery with Nova Launcher is phenomenal speed as great it's still a top tier Google smartphone

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone else noticed memory leaks or drains on Nexus 6 with Nova Launcher at all? I'm not saying that's the reason why my phone rebooted before but just out of curiosity. Thank you.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed memory leaks or drains on Nexus 6 with Nova Launcher at all? I'm not saying that's the reason why my phone rebooted before but just out of curiosity. Thank you.
Not at all, on any of 4 Nexus 6's running Nova. What makes you think Nova has a memory leak?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not at all, on any of 4 Nexus 6's running Nova. What makes you think Nova has a memory leak?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
Oh nothing nothing whatsoever. In fact I think of all the launchers in the App Store nova launcher takes up the smallest footprint possible. Might have rebooted just to reboot honestly. Oh well.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Hey Crash I remember you saying you have four in your household :) as for prices can I just remind you that the prices I quoted are in pounds Stirling I will list the US Dollars prices that I can get them for below

Nexus 6 $339 US Dollars :)
Style/Pure $500
X Force/Droid Turbo 2 $678

So now they are in US Dollars is the Nexus still a good deal as I know you guys did get this phone quite cheap recently!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Crash I remember you saying you have four in your household :) as for prices can I just remind you that the prices I quoted are in pounds Stirling I will list the US Dollars prices that I can get them for below

Style/Pure $500

So now they are in US Dollars is the Nexus still a good deal as I know you guys did get this phone quite cheap recently!
Nexus 6 still the cheapest no matter where you are.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Style/Pure $500

$339 is still a decent deal. I paid $489 6 months ago and don't regret it.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
$339 is still a decent deal. I paid $489 6 months ago and don't regret it.

Ok so I know that the Nexus 6 is a decent deal :) I know it is the cheapest of the three obviously as it is last years phone but am I right in saying it still has a good spec on it, also is that screen nice and bright as well and is that blue one a fingerprint magnet?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I know that the Nexus 6 is a decent deal :) I know it is the cheapest of the three obviously as it is last years phone but am I right in saying it still has a good spec on it, also is that screen nice and bright as well and is that blue one a fingerprint magnet?
Well you can adjust the screen brightness because it is a 5.96 inch touch screen. Is it a finger pregnant? Yes! Any smartphone will be there. Depends how careful you are with touching the screen now yes. Still a greater value still great performance and battery life and all that kind of stuff.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well you can adjust the screen brightness because it is a 5.96 inch touch screen. Is it a finger pregnant? Yes! Any smartphone will be there. Depends how careful you are with touching the screen now yes. Still a greater value still great performance and battery life and all that kind of stuff.

Ahh I meant is the blue case a fingerprint magnet more so than the white one as I know phones get prints but I just wondered if the White looks a bit better :)