Core Google Apps

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Very odd, I have the most up to date version without these issues.
And trust me, I know it's odd last night I tried to update the app version in the Play Store yet again then this morning I tried to use the voice commands through the lock screen and it timed out again i report of the issue straight to Google Customer Service but they're not going to do anything about it so I just revert back to the old version unfortunately.....

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure if you report the issue it will get looked into and fixed in an update, that's the purpose isn't it?

Are you doing this (I am not trying to patronise you either) ? OK Google > phone unlocks > Google Now is open and ready > ask the question?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure if you report the issue it will get looked into and fixed in an update, that's the purpose isn't it?

Are you doing this (I am not trying to patronise you either) ? OK Google > phone unlocks > Google Now is open and ready > ask the question?
No, what I do is this: I say "ok Google" , then I say my command, it still asks me to unlock my screen with a pin lock and then the voice command times out. Versus the older version where everything works seamlessly and flawlessly

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For those of us that don't sit there and stare at the wallpaper, it's not a big deal. ;) My phone is a tool to get things done, not a piece of art to be stared at.
My phone has beautiful wallpaper well but on the google now on sure I can see my beautiful wallpaper throw my *** boulders. With normal launcher I can see everything there. Simple as that. Everyone has their own setup I'm just wondering when yours is and why.

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
For those of us that don't sit there and stare at the wallpaper, it's not a big deal. ;) My phone is a tool to get things done, not a piece of art to be stared at.

I stare lovingly at my wife's face through my agenda calendar widget. 😉

--
Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're thinking too much.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
All I can tell you is that my setup is wicked fast!

Good for you. Mine works just fine for me. I end up typing fairly long emails by just dictating to the Google Keyboard and I pair my phone with my LG G Watch so Google Now launcher helps me there as well. I talk to a lot of friend on Hangouts and hence I use it for SMS as well. I don't like it that much for SMS but it is a compromise I have chosen to make. Choice is a great thing on Android.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Good for you. Mine works just fine for me. I end up typing fairly long emails by just dictating to the Google Keyboard and I pair my phone with my LG G Watch so Google Now launcher helps me there as well. I talk to a lot of friend on Hangouts and hence I use it for SMS as well. I don't like it that much for SMS but it is a compromise I have chosen to make. Choice is a great thing on Android.
Ahhhh true that. For me, everyone's got their setup the they love, and use everyday, I just wanted to know in general which core apps people are using. As for my setup, I just don't see a need for a an Android wear /smart watch. Besides he active display, and nice launcher, everything does work in harmony with each other which us the nice thing about it.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Swiftkey for about four years, mostly because it works seamlessly with multiple languages. Over the past few months however I became increasingly dissatisfied with predictions and autocorrect. I've been trying Google keyboard since then and I'm quite happy. I think it does a better job at autocorrect and I seem to rely less on predictions .

In general I say fairly stock and use Google apps. I lost the desire for customisation, and it's also less necessary - a few years bqck if you were not rooted with a custom rom most likely your phone was useless.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Swiftkey for about four years, mostly because it works seamlessly with multiple languages. Over the past few months however I became increasingly dissatisfied with predictions and autocorrect. I've been trying Google keyboard since then and I'm quite happy. I think it does a better job at autocorrect and I seem to rely less on predictions .

In general I say fairly stock and use Google apps. I lost the desire for customisation, and it's also less necessary - a few years bqck if you were not rooted with a custom rom most likely your phone was useless.

Posted via the Android Central App
In my opinion still there a few slight differences between the Google keyboard and the SwiftKey keyboard for predictions. I do love how fast does SwiftKey keyboard is at predictions though. Makes typing a breeze!

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Apologies for the late reply and no response, I have not tried this yet. I will set a reminder to do it tonight and see how I get on. :(

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Apologies for the late reply and no response, I have not tried this yet. I will set a reminder to do it tonight and see how I get on. :(
Thanks. What I've been saying, and keep on saying, the older version for previous version of the Google fabrics much better than the newer version of the Google app on my Nexus of sex. Whenever I update the Google Search app on my phone lock it up and then use voice commands it always locks out no matter what I try to do.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
FWIW I was battering Google Now on the motorway yesterday, it was bloody fantastic. I didn't realise it would reply to WhatsApp messages, nor would it give me the ability to flick back to Waze without having to touch my phone. Speaking messages is so much safer and more accurate than I could ever consider, even with my broad Salfordian accent.