Connect usb data cable msg

Ramez899

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dears plz i need ur help, i have nexus 6 and i have installed android 7.0 from nexus root app, nd after 2 months i found that my mobile cannot connect to the laptop ( CHARGING ONLY ) and when i open in bootloader mode it says connect usb data cable , tried many cables and many laptops , i have wiped the phone as i thought its a software error but now i cant do anything , any help plz ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've already swiped down the notification panel to look for the USB icon, correct? If you don't get an option to switch to MTP, then it could be that the firmware is corrupt, or the microUSB port is faulty. Make sure the microUSB port is completely clean. If it is, then try reinstalling the firmware. If the problem persists, then you might have to consider replacing the microUSB port.

Ramez899

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your reply, Look the usb port is charging normally but it might be the firmware , would you help me and tell me how to reinstall it ?? thanks a lot

Ramez899

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
please note that im on a bootloader mode as the sytem is completely wiped , if there is a away to install firmware just tell me the steps , thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress