Rooted but still can't delete

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Tried with Root explorer and File expert both paid versions. I can't delete anything in my /sdcard even when mounted as R/W. Am I the only one?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You don't need any special permissions to delete from your /sdcard. What have you done to your Nexus 7 so far? What app did you use to root, what version of Clockwork, etc.

Reactions: 2defmouze

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I used Wug's toolkit to unlock and root from: [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5 - xda-developers

I flashed CWM with the same toolkit to run a backup then copied the clockwork folder to my PC for safe keeping. Then still using the same toolkit replaced CWM with the stock recovery. Then used root explorer to remove the .bak from recovery-from-boot.p that restores your recovery on boot.

I have SuperSU and busybox installed with everything looking right.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope it looks like it does but unplugging it and checking shows it still there and space still not free.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Fixing Permissions took awhile I thought it froze up for a minute but stuck it out till it completed but still can not delete. I might just need to reset to stock and go through the OTAs but it would be nice to know what is going on here.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Fixing Permissions took awhile I thought it froze up for a minute but stuck it out till it completed but still can not delete. I might just need to reset to stock and go through the OTAs but it would be nice to know what is going on here.

Your sdcard partition may have just been corrupted. Restoring to stock is a good idea and a sure fix (check out this awesome thread for a how to).

Not sure if the toolkit caused this, but to be safe you can manually root and install Clockwork after going back to stock.

Reactions: 2defmouze

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
CWM 5 that flashes with the root toolkit will not allow you to delete backups with a file manager that were made with that version of CWM. It's a bug in the recovery. Update to version 6.0.1 and you'll be able to delete backups made with that version but not the ones made with CWM 5. There's a zip file you can flash that will delete your CWM 5 backups that can be found on xda in the Nexus 7 dev section. It's in the CWM 6.0.1 thread and the user who posted the zip goes by phonic. The zip will delete all your CWM 5 backups then you can copy the original back over from your pc if you want. That's what I did. CWM 6.0.1 can be flashed with the toolkit

Reactions: zedorda

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87