Chrome browser really lags, what are you using?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have lag..it loads this website and some others slowly but that's not lag. Once the page is loaded, I can scroll from top to bottom as fast as i can swipe. For those with lag do you have GPU acceleration turned on?

I'm guessing my 35 down and 35 up and low ping times also have a lot to do with chrome use.

How do you do that ?

:confused:

JNM

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I took the Browser.apk from my Galaxy Nexus and loaded that onto my Nexus 7. The stock Android browser scrolls more smoothly, loads pages more quickly, and is more useful and reliable than Chrome for Android. It is a better web browser for Android right now.

Chrome offers no full screen, accessing bookmarks is slow, scrolling freezes and stutters on the Nexus 7 often, tab switching on the tablet is not as intuitive as on the phone version of Chrome, there is no option to open all of the pages in a folder at once, and the only way to access any bookmark/feature/setting is the settings menu, far to the top right of the screen, nowhere near my hands when tying or holding the tablet or phone. It feels very unfinished.

ricky_tang

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Chrome on my Nexus 7 completely destroys the user experience for me. It's suttery, hurts my eyes when I look at the screen while scrolling. Wish I could get the stock browser, like on my Galaxy Nexus. Chrome is also slow to respond at times, and stutters badly. Why did Google take something that works well and replace it with something that feels like it's in alpha?

Using Dolphin HD now.

That's exactly how I feel!:(
I installed the Browser.apk and all is well with the world.

Blkacesvf41

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Though I like some of the built in features with Chrome, it really sucks that you can't set a homepage. I knew about the lack of flash so I won't complain about it now. I paid the $1.99 for the Puffin browser and it's not perfect but I can live with it.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Firefox simply because it supports Flash.

At one point Flash was important to me, not anymore. I do have the Flash apk side loaded. I'm stuck between using Firefox Beta and Dolphin HD as they both offer great a browsing experience and are miles ahead of Chrome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
That's strange... I my Chrome is silky smooth on Android Central full Site. I have yet to have any browser lag other than the initial load time. Once a Page loads (which is usually pretty fast) its smooth sailing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I use the Dolphin beta build on my LG G2X and this tablet. Still a bit buggy but fast as it gets and way better than chrome hands down.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

CEEnex

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
haven't experienced any issues with chrome. pretty responsive from my relatively short experience, but am using firefox beta as it's been my go to browser for years and is generally more efficient and familiar to me. tried the dolphin browser, but wasn't into it too much.

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Love Chrome, haven't seen these issues on my Galaxy Nexus phone or my N7...nothing is perfect but I pretty much exclusively use Chrome for my browsing ....

WILFR

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly how I feel!:(
I installed the Browser.apk and all is well with the world.

Ricky, I understand that root is necessary to retrieve an APK. But is root needed to side load browser APK (v. 4.1.1 - non Chrome stock browser found on GNexus phone) to a stock GN7? If that's possible where can I get copy of that APK? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty