I love my Nexus 7 so much I rarely use my phone!

lasty12

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here' my phone actually lasts more than a day without needing charge!

All I want now is Flash support/ more availability for UK on features already seen in the US :):cool:

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there a google voice explanation that details it all in simple terms? :p
Like if there are any downsides to porting my verizon phone number to google voice? I'm currently under contract, so I have no idea if this goes against verizon's rules or not.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a google voice explanation that details it all in simple terms? :p
Like if there are any downsides to porting my verizon phone number to google voice? I'm currently under contract, so I have no idea if this goes against verizon's rules or not.

If you port your number to Google voice while under contract. It would have the same affect as if you ported to a different carrier. With Google voice all you need is a data connection to make phone calls and text. I have my sprint number associated with my Google voice and I can text from my personal number on any of my android devices or even my computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
If you port your number to Google voice while under contract. It would have the same affect as if you ported to a different carrier. With Google voice all you need is a data connection to make phone calls and text. I have my sprint number associated with my Google voice and I can text from my personal number on any of my android devices or even my computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, so I guess the process would be:
1) Wait for Verizon 2-year contract to end
2) Transfer my number to google voice
3) Stick with verizon (I'll need a new number) or switch to another carrier (and get a new number)
5) Route new phone number to google voice (which is my old phone number) so people can keep calling me on my old number even though my carrier has given me a different number(?)

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, so I guess the process would be:
1) Wait for Verizon 2-year contract to end
2) Transfer my number to google voice
3) Stick with verizon (I'll need a new number) or switch to another carrier (and get a new number)
5) Route new phone number to google voice (which is my old phone number) so people can keep calling me on my old number even though my carrier has given me a different number(?)

IF you want to stick with VZ, The moment your port your number out of VZ, that line and the features on it will terminated... If you have unlimited data, you wont be able to port that to the new VZ line.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, yeah, thanks for that reminder. My current plan is to switch to upcoming Nexus unlocked GSM. Pay the $500 for the awesome hardware (just a guess on that price, could be more or less), then go to T-mobile and pay 50% less monthly fees than what Verizon is charging (though I will admit their service is good, but it's just too costly).

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
It's a bit silly for me, too... I have two (functioning) Macs in the house and go for the Nexus 7 since it came. The phone I use for podcasts, much like an iPod, but I pipe the incoming nonsense. This is really weird for me.

I use Tablet Talk, and all my SMS comes to the tablet, and phone calls come in as well, but I have been ignoring those because I was reading something on the Nexus 7 when they came in. I'll get back to them later on the phone, but I know the call came through while I was flipping through the news and reading through Pocket. It'll give me time to figure out what to say, anyway.

This little thing has seriously changed my life, technology-speaking. If I can get a suitable text editor on here, for code and such, I'm not sure I'll leave it. I have become more adept at SwiftKey than I thought possible on a software keyboard.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I might have to investigate this tablet talk

It is fantastic, seriously, a little unbelievable in that it actually works as advertised, and better.

Edit: Tablet Talk doesn't handle MMS, though... If that is of importance (it isn't for me).

Last edited:

RyC

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay - will prepare myself for the pointing and the laughing, but is there a way to get Tablet Talk working with a Windows phone?

Had a look in the maketplace and Tablet Talk isn't in there - guess its just an Android thing?

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm the same I only use my phone to turn on the WiFi hotspot now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay - will prepare myself for the pointing and the laughing, but is there a way to get Tablet Talk working with a Windows phone?

Had a look in the maketplace and Tablet Talk isn't in there - guess its just an Android thing?

Haha. Sorry man. This is an android tablet, it's going to have the best integration with an android phone. Although there are some other sms to tablet apps besides tablet talk on the play store, not sure if the wp marketplace has them though.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty