cyerberus app

Jwhite898

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
is cerberus a good app to have for my nexus 7? or is there a better one i can get?, i dont mind if i have to pay a little for the app

thanks for your help

2waterfowl

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been testing Cerberus for a week now. Just bought the full version this morning. Only cost $3.70, which is very reasonable considering you can add up to 5 devices at no additional charge. I'm also running it on my Gnex as well. Great web interface lets you track all your devices, take photos, audio, video and remotely lock and wipe your devices. SMS to phone also activates actions.

Note: Nexus 7 will have volume issues with the current market release. You won't be able to use your volume rocker to adjust volume after you install it. Just send a trouble email to the developer and they will send you a beta version that fixes the issue (sent mine within 15 minutes). The dev is great with replies too...

Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: Jwhite898

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
is cerberus a good app to have for my nexus 7? or is there a better one i can get?, i dont mind if i have to pay a little for the app

thanks for your help
We recently purchased Cerberus for our rooted Galaxy Nexus. It's worth noting that several important features become available if your phone is rooted. Take a look at the 5th item here:
https://www.cerberusapp.com/help.php

If you have rooted your device you can integrate Cerberus into your ROM and get two additional features: complete uninstall protection (Cerberus will even survive a wipe/factory reset) and GPS auto-enabling even on Android 2.3.3 and later

Pete

2waterfowl

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
As a follow up... I just found out the other day that not only does Cerberus allow you to use it on up to 5 different devices for a one time charge. But the devices do NOT have to be on the same Google Play account. I installed it on my wife's GS3 and used my Cerberus user name and password for my account on her phone (used to login to Cerberus web site) and BAM... Wife's GS3, my Nexus 7, and my Gnex all safe and secure for less than $4.00!