Walmart refused to sell me a nexus7.

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I understand now. You do need that warranty, Specially if the tablet is going to a 7 year old. What a cool dad!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If they're just scanning the normal barcode, scanning another box won't make any difference. I'm not sure if Walmart scans barcodes associated with serial numbers on devices like this or not, but the regular barcode is going to be identical for all identical product.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Only problem they did not refund the warranty, I have to make some calls for that. Walmart has a good warranty, they will replace it even if its lost, stolen, droped in water,.

Now that's a laugh. Walmart is famous for NOT having good warranty service.

Pray you never have to return a major appliance. Walmart will send you to the manufacturer's 800 number -- who will tell you that you must return it to the store.

After two hours of back and forth, trapped between Walmart and GE, I brought my defective refrigerator in from the truck, dropped it in front of the store manager, and walked out. I own a hotel and buy a dozen fridges a year. Guess where we don't buy them anymore?

I would NEVER buy anything like the Nexus from Walmart. YMMV.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dannydeez82

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing a similar post about someone having this same problem at staples. I can't find the thread and I don't even remember which forum I saw it on but maybe there's something more going on here than just a cashier/employee/store error.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Now that's a laugh. Walmart is famous for NOT having good warranty service.

Pray you never have to return a major appliance. Walmart will send you to the manufacturer's 800 number -- who will tell you that you must return it to the store.

After two hours of back and forth, trapped between Walmart and GE, I brought my defective refrigerator in from the truck, dropped it in front of the store manager, and walked out. I own a hotel and buy a dozen fridges a year. Guess where we don't buy them anymore?

I would NEVER buy anything like the Nexus from Walmart. YMMV.

Interesting, I buy warranties for almost all electronics I get at WalMart and I've never had an issue with a claim.

In fact, twice they gave me my money back and let me keep the item. Once, I had something weird happen that took out 1 HDMI connection on two of my tvs. One was still under warranty. Called them up, told them the problem, they said they'd send me a check for the purchase price. I asked if I could take the tv back to WM or if I had to mail it. They said nope, you can keep it. :D Free tv...I can handle 1 HDMI out of 3 not working for a free TV. YMMV

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I buy warranties for almost all electronics I get at WalMart and I've never had an issue with a claim.

In fact, twice they gave me my money back and let me keep the item. Once, I had something weird happen that took out 1 HDMI connection on two of my tvs. One was still under warranty. Called them up, told them the problem, they said they'd send me a check for the purchase price. I asked if I could take the tv back to WM or if I had to mail it. They said nope, you can keep it. :D Free tv...I can handle 1 HDMI out of 3 not working for a free TV. YMMV

Perhaps electronics are handled differently than major appliances? Dunno...

Glad you had better luck than I did.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I see alot of defective units being reported with the screen, maybe there has been alot of returns and walmart decides to stop selling them. I will try buying another unit tommorow, I live in the chicagoland area, does anyone know of another retailer that sells the nexus7 and have them in stock, for some reason worst-buy doesnt sell them.

Microcenter, Staples and Ofiice Depot sell them (although check their website to see if any stores have stock). Other than those 3 and Walmart I'm not sure. You could could try Abt eletronics in the northern burbs and Fry's in the western burbs.

CompUsa I know for sure does not sell it.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Walmarts in Denver don't carry the N7. I checked today. Like most retail chains it's all dependent on the workers/managers. Some are cool, some are jerks. I worked for SAMs club (walmart wholesale) for 6mo and the managers were not nice to employees nor customers. With that given, there's a Walmart in aurora that has always exchanged or refunded me anything I threw at them. This includes opened package of diapers (wrong size, baby grew fast!) which they don't usually accept.

Try another Walmart. Or another store in general lol

Rigs49#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got both of my Nexus 7's that I ordered from walmart. I placed the order 2 weeks ago and according to the website I was supposed to pick it up the next day, well the next day came and I got an email that I was getting a refund due to no tablets in stock. Well on August 18th I see that there was an option of .97cents for shipping to my home. I ordered them and two days later I get a confirmation email with tracking information. Today was my day off so guess what I'm setting up? I do have an extra case for the Nexus 7 from the previous order though.

Terry Tippitt

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Not true i just had one sent to my son in Calif, and he recieved his the 2nd day ! Go to google nexus 7 or Amazon ,Walmart just ran out of the nexus 7 it was prob saved for someone who is employed there , i ordered my sons on 9/18 recieved it on the 9/20 thats a bunch of bs ...

---------- Post Merged at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Not true i just had one sent to my son in Calif, and he recieved his the 2nd day ! Go to google nexus 7 or Amazon ,Walmart just ran out of the nexus 7 it was prob saved for someone who is employed there , i ordered my sons on 9/18 recieved it on the 9/20 thats a bunch of bs ...

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be that a customer returned the unit for refund, claiming it was defective. It would likely be listed as in inventory but flagged as a return. I would have asked if they had any others in stock. There has been some quality issues with the Nexus 7, but no recall.

I bought mine at Staples. I have had so many problems with Walmart in the past that I stopped shopping there.

This is almost certainly what happened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums