Unroot and relock Nexus 7 - Broken screen

kmorse85

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 came with a warped glass screen and when I pushed the screen in to make it flush with the bezel, the screen cracked and won't function at all - it displays but does not allow any touch capability.

I had JUST rooted the device and I know that voids the warranty... google already sent me the RMA and I was hoping to unroot it before I send it back. If its not possible... hopefully they don't say anything.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There could be some hope that they'll still fix it, since obviously rooting your device doesn't cause the screen to crack. I'm not sure how the law dictates these things, but I know in the automotive world, modifying your car can void warranty coverage, but not the ENTIRE warranty. Installing an aftermarket intake can't void coverage of a wheel falling off - the two have nothing to do with each other. Hopefully there is something similar to cover you here.

But if I were in your shoes, I'd probably be looking for some way to un-root, too. Hopefully someone can help. Any plug & play usb mice to gain control, perhaps? *shrug*

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Check my factory image restore guide.

Truthfully you can probably just relock it, unlock it again (since that act will wipe everything, including the root acess), then when finished lock it up and ship it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress