Anyone else having problems with rotation following the update?

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled Ultimate Rotation Control yesterday as I wasn't sure how it would run with the new update. Last night I was trying to watch something on BBC iplayer and the screen kept going upside down, if I turned the nexus around it would be alright until I went out of that programme and into something else and then it would go upside down again. I ended up installing Ultimate Rotation Control again and it works fine. Just wondered if anyone else was having this problem?

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to have to lock the screen every time I turn it around, I'll just stick with Ultimate Rotation Control, I just wondered if others were having the same problem.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to have to lock the screen every time I turn it around, I'll just stick with Ultimate Rotation Control, I just wondered if others were having the same problem.

Works fine here on two unts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No problems here with rotation. I tend to lock my screen while using in bed since I always hold it at the threshold of the screen wanting to rotate. If an app needs to rotate, such as a game, it will still rotate while locked.

henywatty

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
No problems at all since the 4.1.2 update for me, works like a dream both portrait and landscape.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

camperbc

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
No problems on two of our three N7's after the update, but oddly the third one does not allow landscape on the home screen. So until it gets sorted out, it's back to using the rotation app.

Glen

VFC

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the rotation problem on a few occasions. I have only noticed it in landscape orientation. When I start an app, I end up with the three home controls on top of the screen and upside down. However, the apps run fine with the controls upside down on the top.

I will have to pay closer attention to which apps it happens on.