need a bit of help here

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
1)since i have purchased my nex7 the volume played through headphones has always been quite low for movies (played through vplayer). a bit louder for songs ( i use double twist). is there anyway to increase the volume? i have seen volume boosters but havent found any compatible with nex7...

2) anyone know how i can get my nex7 to display on my tv? i have wifi setup and i believe dlna through my xbox 360, not sure how that would work or if it can...

thanks so much

shona001

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
For movies I use Dice Player, the volume boost under Audio Settings works quite well to increase the volume. Can't help with the TV question.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Some music player apps have a preamp booster. This would only cover your music needs.

I use both JetAudio Plus and PowerAmp Music Player. Both offer preamps that work well, though I don't use this feature. JetAudio has a -10db to +10db preamp, while the PowerAmp slider doesn't indicate the adjustment amount. They both also have multiple sound adjustments, though JetAudio has a couple extra. On the other hand, PowerAmp perhaps has a better interface and some other bells and whistles. Whereas JetAudio has a free version (10 bands EQ instead of 20, fewer widgets, ads), PowerAmp only has a paid version with a 15 day free trial.

To stream video and music to your DLNA compatible TV, install BubbleUPnP from the Play Store. When you run it you will see BubbleUPnP as one of the server options on your TV. You can then navigate to the videos, photos and music that you've allowed BubbleUPnP to show.

By the way, if you haven't already done so, try different headsets to see if you get better results. And respect your eardrums. They'll thank you in about 20 years.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Some music player apps have a preamp booster. This would only cover your music needs.

I use both JetAudio Plus and PowerAmp Music Player. Both offer preamps that work well, though I don't use this feature. JetAudio has a -10db to +10db preamp, while the PowerAmp slider doesn't indicate the adjustment amount. They both also have multiple sound adjustments, though JetAudio has a couple extra. On the other hand, PowerAmp perhaps has a better interface and some other bells and whistles. Whereas JetAudio has a free version (10 bands EQ instead of 20, fewer widgets, ads), PowerAmp only has a paid version with a 15 day free trial.

To stream video and music to your DLNA compatible TV, install BubbleUPnP from the Play Store. When you run it you will see BubbleUPnP as one of the server options on your TV. You can then navigate to the videos, photos and music that you've allowed BubbleUPnP to show.

By the way, if you haven't already done so, try different headsets to see if you get better results. And respect your eardrums. They'll thank you in about 20 years.

I've tried several DLNA server apps. I have a Sony xbr9 from 2010. The N7 is listed on the TV as one of the servers available, but it says no files found.
I know the xbr9 will only show .jpeg, .mp3, .mpg, and mp4s, and they might have to be in certain folders, but I've never had any files show up on the TV from the N7.

On my computer, with Windows media player acting as a server, the TV will show folders and file only if they are in my mediaplayer library, and are 'shared'.
Is there a way to 'share' folders on the N7 for viewing by 'renderers;?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've tried several DLNA server apps. I have a Sony xbr9 from 2010. The N7 is listed on the TV as one of the servers available, but it says no files found.
I know the xbr9 will only show .jpeg, .mp3, .mpg, and mp4s, and they might have to be in certain folders, but I've never had any files show up on the TV from the N7.

On my computer, with Windows media player acting as a server, the TV will show folders and file only if they are in my mediaplayer library, and are 'shared'.
Is there a way to 'share' folders on the N7 for viewing by 'renderers;?
Open BubbleUPnP. Under the Library tab, are there local files located in any of the folders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non