photo gallery widget not working

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
When I add photos from Picassa, the widget just keeps on spinning trying to load photos.
Anyone else has this problem?
The YouTube widget works fine

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps we're not thinking of the same thing. You are talking about the Photo Gallery widget? Yes, it's true that you can't remove that widget from the Android system, but sometimes removing from and then adding back to the home screen fixes problems. Sometimes not.

Okay, I just added this widget to my home screen to check it out. I think I see what you're talking about. When I placed the widget, a pop up window appeared, asking me to choose a specific album, a specific image, or shuffle all images.

If I choose to shuffle all images, I can successfully scroll through all my locally stored images, until I come to a blank one with the spinning circle. I assume this is a Picasa picture (now Google +, I believe) trying to download and fill the square. It never does.

However, if I choose to show a specific album, and choose one that is located on Google + (Picasa), it works fine and scrolls through all the photos in that album. So try that and see how it works for you.

Alternatively, search Google Play Store for apps or widgets that might give you better results. There seem to be quite a few. One is called Picasa Mobile, and another Perfect Tool for Picasa, both with good reviews, though I don't know if they includes widgets. Another is Ultimate Photo Widget, which is a widget only, as the name implies. Anyway, just search for Picasa Web, or Picasa Widget, and you'll see a variety of options.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't have anything local, all in Picassa.
I will try a specific album when I get home (I think I tried it though).
Thanks for the suggestion!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
OK, let's try a few things. These may not help, but they're simple and worth a try.

1. Make sure your Picasa account is linked to the same Google account that your N7 is linked to.

2. Check your sync settings:
* Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > Your Gmail Account.
* Scroll down and make sure that Google Photos is checked.

3. Clear your caches:
* Go to Settings > Apps (it may take a few seconds for the app list to appear if you have a lot of apps).
* Swipe left to the "ALL" tablet.
* Scroll down to, and tap on, Gallery.
* Tap on the Clear Cache button.
* Do the same (just in case, can't hurt) with Photo Screensavers and Picasa Uploader.

4. Call Google support at 855-836-3987 (USA number).

Renata Cheagle A

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: gallery and music player stopped working

Please help! I've got a thousand plus songs on my phone and hundreds of pics in my gallery but lately when I click the apps to go into the programs it freezes and makes me force close. Is there anyway to restore? I didn't want to restore factory settings in fear I'd lose everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress