Nexus 7 pust-to-tv, Miracast working?

agrabren

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Dual-channel explanation: Miracast (and WiDi) require a dedicated channel. So on a single channel device, you can't have WiFi and Miracast going at the same time. You need WiFi on, but it can't be connected if you're using Miracast. That's why dual-channel is "required". User experience. :)

Rusty Jenkins

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know today meracast worked for my nexsus 7 on a LG 55LM7600. I never seen the option until this morning. I do not have google or apple Tv so I only have WiFi as an option to be streaming.

emoy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
how did you get it working?

have been trying to figure out what button to even press to get miracast up lol. thanks much for any hep you can provide!

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
[1] For those who have rooted their Nexus 7s, was/is there any indication in the display settings of the possibility of connecting to any external display? [2] Is the "mirroring" accomplished using MirrorOp different from what we are seeking from MiraCast? Thanks in advance for responding.

GKWANNABE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's confirmed that MirrorOp works with Nexus 7.
【MirrorOp Sender】 Android画面をPCにミラー表示と操作  Nexus7 - YouTube
Record your nexus 7 gameplay(No camera) - YouTube

It not only able to mirror N7 to TV/projector but also able to mirror N7 to PC and iPhone/iPad.

The only problem would be you need to root your N7 because Google doesn't open screen capture permission for software developers.

Wow that sucks. Really don't want to Root my Nexus7. Thanks for the info anyway.

Frank Sevek

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
If you have a roku you can download the roku remote app and you can stream through your roku. I have done it with photos and I saw somewhere that you can also do music and video.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Please do not discuss means for viewing pirated content. Thread has been cleaned up. Further discussions of this nature may result in a ban without any additional warning.

Sent from my SGSIII

leeazon

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased a Netgear PTV 3000. Plugged it in, connected it to TV via standard hdmi cable. I set it up (very simple) using my WIDI capable laptop. Powered up my Nexus 7, went to "settings, display, wireless display" , turned on wirless display and it immediately found the PTV 3000 adaptor. Tapped on the adaptor and I was up and running.....wireless display from Nexus 7 to TV, and it seems to work quite well.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a Netgear PTV 3000. Plugged it in, connected it to TV via standard hdmi cable. I set it up (very simple) using my WIDI capable laptop. Powered up my Nexus 7, went to "settings, display, wireless display" , turned on wirless display and it immediately found the PTV 3000 adaptor. Tapped on the adaptor and I was up and running.....wireless display from Nexus 7 to TV, and it seems to work quite well.

Wrong year/model nexus 7 forum...

bonnyjounds

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I'm trying to get my Nexus 7 (2013) to display on a Dell pc. I want the whole Nexus screen not media.

I have tried Mirror op but can't get it to work. Someone mentioned VNC but there are loads of different VNC progs so which do I need? Most seem to be focused on getting the pc screen on the Nexus but that is the wrong way round for me

The question therefore is what software should I get on the Nexus and what software do I need on the pc? I would be grateful for any help