Nexus 7 random reboots

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I love my n7 I've never had any problems with it until not to long ago... It will suddenly reboot in the middle of whatever I'm doing it doesn't happen often but I'd say maybe 2 or three times a week... I've noticed this start to happen after receiving the update to 4.2.. does anyone else know if this is related to the update or could it be something else wrong with my device maybe an app causing the problem or something? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

prophet968

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a android nerd or anything just a user like most of us, but I may know the problem. I have it as well, and I believe it's done thing to do with my cache being full. But this is just a hypothesis. If anyone else knows please say!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

vitoonto

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It happened to my new 32gb twice this week. I've had it for about 3 weeks. The 16gb I had and the 16gb my wife has have never done that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I came here to post this exact same issue with mine and it looks like you took the lead :sly:

I started noticing the random reboots once I got the jelly bean update (I guess thats 4.2? I don't keep up to know, whatever update allowed the home screen to rotate)

Good to know its not just me.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed this problem after 4.2 update. I noticed it more often switching between user accounts. But it still does random reboots in any app too.

infobits

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I too experienced random reboots on my new Nexus 7 32GB WiFi tablet running Android 4.2.1.
It just all of a sudden reboots in the middle of whatever you may be doing. For me, it happened once while I was reading a .pdf document in Acrobat Reader and once while I was playing Angry Birds game. I do have my Locations setting turned on. Some reports say that turning it locations setting off fixes the reboots, but I think all it does is lessen the chances of the bug occurring.
I hope Google developers are on top of this and provide a fix for it. This reboot bug is happening to many Nexus devices from what I have researched so it points to most likely an OS bug (I hope it is not a hardware bug!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa