Looking for an app that takes form data and exports to spreadsheet

HighExalted

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, new nexus 7 owner here. I bought this tablet for 2 reasons, the first being that I wanted one, and the second being that I run large farm, and our employees output huge amounts of paper containing data on the conditions in our facilities. I am hoping to use these relatively cheap tablets to replace the paper forms, and to that end I am hoping to find an app that will allow me to ask a question like, "what is the temperature" and have the user input say, "86", and then have that information put in a specific place on a spreadsheet. Ideally the user would then be prompted for the next input ie. "What is the relative humidity" etc.

Am I looking for an existing program, or am I looking for a software developer? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Unless you will have them enter the data directly into a spreadsheet on the tablet, it sounds like you want an app developer.

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
You might want to look into wufoo.com. I've been using it in all different kinds of forms and it's very user friendly. There's a free account that you can use while you test it out. It gives you 3 forms that you can make. It generates reports according to your desired output and let's you export it.

Sent from the best. phone. ever. Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

HighExalted

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, I am now heading to wufoo, and to research an android version of entries. If anyone else has ideas I would love to hear them!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion, I am now heading to wufoo, and to research an android version of entries. If anyone else has ideas I would love to hear them!!

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Looks to me like an Android developer could do a more appropriate job for less...

But that's just my bias on the basis of 30+ years of custom app development...

I don't do android apps but if I did, this would cost less in total than a few of the monthly payments for those vampire screen apps (vampire cuz they suck your blood by the month) depending on if what you described is really all that you want. but there is nothing wrong with trying something like wufoo and then getting a custom app quote.

edit:
you could try a free app like this
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roidbase&feature=search_result&token=U0psm24w

or this
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...9tLnNhaWxmb3Jtcy5zYWlsZm9ybSJd&token=zhY23HFJ

rainman4tech

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a good chance to put Google to use, Google Apps has and option to build a form with questions and answers from a web page that populate a spreadsheet. You can have several tablets accessing the form and filling in the blanks and each entry is time stamped. As to the answers for the questions you can have free form answers, radio buttons, drop down lists and need to answer before moving on answers. Hey it's free part of using Google.

Rainman

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
One important piece of info the OP neglected to mention...will the people entering the data have internet/wifi access or are they "in the field". Some of the solutions mentioned will obviously require net access...

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked into Google Drive? There are forms that people can fill out and it goes directly into a spreadsheet. It is completely free as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress