4.2.2 Update

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Updated via adb. Seems good so far. The annoying bounce-back on the notification bar is gone, and a lot less on homescreen swipes. Seems pretty smooth so far, but then again I didn't have too many lag issues with 4.2.1.

Ditey1

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I must have received one of the latter 32GB units without any issues because my N7 also does not have any problems with the 4.2.1.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Updated via adb. Seems good so far. The annoying bounce-back on the notification bar is gone, and a lot less on homescreen swipes. Seems pretty smooth so far, but then again I didn't have too many lag issues with 4.2.1.

I also updated via adb. Not seeing any lag so far but seems like the brightness bug from 4.2.1 is still present.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Rick McCann

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Updated to 4.2.2 last night. Seems to be working fine. Not seeing much difference from 4.2.1 at this point.
I also had no major issues with 4.2.1. Hoping for a little more battery life not that its really needed. The update
went smooth as silk. MY FIRST POST in the Forum

Fontie

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I run the command adb reboot recovery on cmd, my device is no longer detected. Tried several times, help please

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I run the command adb reboot recovery on cmd, my device is no longer detected. Tried several times, help please

Me too. It seems that the device ID is not registering through the USB driver, and requires a manual edit of the ?winusb.inf? file. I have not had much luck with that so far.

P.S. I am pretty frustrated by this. No idea why ADB is not working on my new Win 7 machine. ugh.

Last edited:

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I had lag on my Nexus 7 while using 4.2.1. I updated yesterday to 4.2.2 and so far I *think* the lag is gone. I didn't have any noticeable slow downs last night while surfing and going in and out of apps. Seems to be nice and buttery once again. Knock on wood.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You're the only person with a Nexus 7 without any issues on 4.2.1 pat yourself on the back. As for the rest of us, 4.2.1 has been a horrendous build.

Not to burst your bubble of self righteous indignation...but[SUP]I'm [SUP]also [SUP]not [SUP]having [SUP]any [SUP]issues [SUP]with[SUP] 4.2.1[/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP][/SUP]

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yay, they finally fixed the "recent apps re-appearing if you switch from landscape to portrait while removing them" bug. (that was a mouthful)