Worth the upgrade?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I still have my Nexus 7 2012 edition, with a case and it's still working great. I was thinking would the newer Nexus 7 be a worthwhile upgrade? I can probably sell my current one for about $250-$300 with the case included. What do you guys think? Worth it or not worth it?

czervik85

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
If you can find someone to buy a used 2012 nexus 7 with a case for more than what a new 2013 nexus 7 retails for I would say go ahead and upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think from a hardware perspective, yes, it's worth it. Whether or not it makes sense is up to each individual, though. The display alone sold me (I'm a sucker for nice displays). Being able to stream 1080p Netflix to the tablet is also a nice draw.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
"Worth it" is always a personal issue. I have customers who have decided it's not yet worth upgrading from their Windows Vista machines. To each their own. I do think they made some substantial improvements, and I am seriously considering the upgrade. Of course, if I do upgrade, my original N7 will go to my wife, so the fact that it won't just be sitting collecting dust helps make it seem "worth it" for me.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If you can find someone to buy a used 2012 nexus 7 with a case for more than what a new 2013 nexus 7 retails for I would say go ahead and upgrade.

I'm sure I can find someone who will buy it from me. I believe a friend of mine is considering to buy one from me for $300. It comes with a case and original box. If I sell it I will get the latest.
:D

I think from a hardware perspective, yes, it's worth it. Whether or not it makes sense is up to each individual, though. The display alone sold me (I'm a sucker for nice displays). Being able to stream 1080p Netflix to the tablet is also a nice draw.

My problem when I first got the old Nexus 7 was the screen. The color was flushed and not vibrant and whatnot. And how much of a difference is the display compared to them both? Is it a substantial difference or something you have to really dig deep to find? I don't really have Netflix anymore so streaming 1080p isn't a concern of mine. :\

"Worth it" is always a personal issue. I have customers who have decided it's not yet worth upgrading from their Windows Vista machines. To each their own. I do think they made some substantial improvements, and I am seriously considering the upgrade. Of course, if I do upgrade, my original N7 will go to my wife, so the fact that it won't just be sitting collecting dust helps make it seem "worth it" for me.

It's good it won't just sit around. And I guess to me it SEEMS to be a "worth it" decision to upgrade. But you know, I just want some third party opinion :D

If any of you are looking into buying a original Nexus 7, how much would you buy it for? $200? More, less?

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty happy with the upgrades with the exception of the battery. What's that about? A worse battery than nexus 7, and it has to power a better display and faster processor. How is that going to work? Ill probably what and see for a couple weeks.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

The old Nexus 7 will also be able to stream 1080p Netflix, but with the lower quality screen, I doubt much visual difference would be seen.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure I can find someone who will buy it from me. I believe a friend of mine is considering to buy one from me for $300. It comes with a case and original box. If I sell it I will get the latest.

My problem when I first got the old Nexus 7 was the screen. The color was flushed and not vibrant and whatnot. And how much of a difference is the display compared to them both? Is it a substantial difference or something you have to really dig deep to find? I don't really have Netflix anymore so streaming 1080p isn't a concern of mine. :\

It's good it won't just sit around. And I guess to me it SEEMS to be a "worth it" decision to upgrade. But you know, I just want some third party opinion :D

If any of you are looking into buying a original Nexus 7, how much would you buy it for? $200? More, less?

They spoke about colors being better also. The resolution boost will be beneficial when viewing pictures and Web pages too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The old Nexus 7 will also be able to stream 1080p Netflix, but with the lower quality screen, I doubt much visual difference would be seen.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

On device I would guess you won't see a visual difference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I am pretty happy with the upgrades with the exception of the battery. What's that about? A worse battery than nexus 7, and it has to power a better display and faster processor. How is that going to work? Ill probably what and see for a couple weeks.

Wait what? The next Nexus has a worse battery? How big is the new one? And the current one is about 4k mAh right?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I still have my Nexus 7 2012 edition, with a case and it's still working great. I was thinking would the newer Nexus 7 be a worthwhile upgrade? I can probably sell my current one for about $250-$300 with the case included. What do you guys think? Worth it or not worth it?

Ur not getting anywhere near that much in the slightest, they are going for 125$ used for the 32gb on amazon.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Im sure the S4 and such is a much more efficient cpu overall, and the screen itself could be better at battery usage also. I have a S4 in my Droid DNA and for the battery that thing has, it gets absolutely amazing battery life. Im not too concerned with the battery size in the end, Im sure it will work great for what I use tablets for in the end, much like the 2012 one.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

And that's not going to happen, lol

But if you can get about 150$ id consider just adding whatever left over cash you have and buy it

Personally, it's probably best to wait, because I remember the previous one getting a 50$ price drop within months of its release

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It is down to a 100.50 for a unit in Like New condition.

Wow, that's crazy. I'm against buying used hardware, but if I didn't have my Nexus, I'd definitely consider it in like new for 100$

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been seeing 32 gb models going for like $150-$160 on ebay mine us up right now for sale hopefully I get around that much.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

1966cah

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Do you want to keep this friend? That's about triple what the 2012 is going for and more than the 2013! If you sell it for $300 you are straight up cheating him! I think you could maybe swing $150 and call it a fair deal...

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you want to keep this friend? That's about triple what the 2012 is going for and more than the 2013! If you sell it for $300 you are straight up cheating him! I think you could maybe swing $150 and call it a fair deal...

No, his friend must pay for his stupidity. If ur friend is dumb enough to purchase something without doing research to find out about the device, if it's the latest and about the price and whatnot, your doing him a favor by taking advantage of that, maybe it will teach him a lesson, lol.

If not, let him know I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell him for 500$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non