Handbrake M4V movies

Sandy G

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to watch my personal videos with my Nexus. When I select Play Videos, Personal Videos, I can't see the titles of the DVDs I converted to M4V files with Handbrake. They are all "squished together" like this:

Any clues how to see movie titles with the "Movies" app, or do I have to use a different movie viewing app?

Attachments

• movies.jpg
    movies.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 46

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Running into the same problem.

I've added four movies to my wife's Nexus 7 to watch on an upcoming trip. The thumbnails in the gallery give no clue what the movie is. This isn't good. Of course, I guess it is to make you want to download them from Google Play so it displays better.?.

Anyway, will try using a file manager.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When I had my Nexus 10, that was what I did. It kind of makes the Google Play Movies app useless for me though.

It seems like you need a new tool for your converted files... Google Play Movies app is fine for playing Google Play movies from Google Play (whew, go go circuitous logic!)

MX Player is very versatile / powerful and free in the Play store. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en&token=DM4eSDXC I haven't come across many files it cannot open... put all your non-Google Play files in a folder, direct MX Player to look at that folder and BOOM -- all your movies, all the time!

Additional bonus: control volume, brightness, FF, REW from your screen... (Google Play Movies app might do this -- I don't know, I've never used it)
gIntnEgnreTSL6XkyWG78dlUnAIK9OOrMfqW5c9Fn9Nio3fwyF6ZzaNz1L_il6O03bg=h900-rw

Sandy G

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The issue isn't how to get them to open. It's seeing the actual title in Google Play, preferably with a little preview square as Google Play has Google Movies. Or with some other app. Rather than just seeing the file name.

How does MX Player show the titles?

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The issue isn't how to get them to open. It's seeing the actual title in Google Play, preferably with a little preview square as Google Play has Google Movies. Or with some other app. Rather than just seeing the file name.

How does MX Player show the titles?

MX Player shows you a thumbnail & title... I don't have a shot from my tablet but it is very similar to this phone shot:

nGHcqexn-dI25ijytj6USMxE8bvfdSPidAzuc5-APMHkYt3r34AG259N8h3r9cZszqo=h900-rw

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89