i did a factory reset.

when i was using a chat app - "wechat", all of sudden, the tablet shuts down. i had to press the power button again.

also, it didn't happen before. but now, when i am typing, some apps will freeze during typing, it will ask me if i want to wait or close it. if i click on wait, after a few seconds, i can type again.

so i don't know if it is still a software problem or it is the tablet itself?
    11-01-2013 05:45 AM
    It does indeed sound like a software problem but I have read that due to a lower-grade of RAM that Asus used there are stutters and freezes with the Nexus 7. Perhaps this will be lessened by Android 4.4. We can only hope.
    11-01-2013 06:06 AM
    My similar problem was solved by latest Chrome update --- I think!!!
    11-01-2013 07:03 AM
    i did a factory reset.

when i was using a chat app - "wechat", all of sudden, the tablet shuts down. i had to press the power button again.

also, it didn't happen before. but now, when i am typing, some apps will freeze during typing, it will ask me if i want to wait or close it. if i click on wait, after a few seconds, i can type again.

so i don't know if it is still a software problem or it is the tablet itself?
    I had that with my first N7 and I think the freezing was actually just touchscreen issues (i.e. touch the screen and nothing happened). I returned that one and just got my replacement today (just setting it up now).

Read a post that after doing the software update it helped to do a wipe and start from scratch (something I didn't do the first time but I did it this time).

Crossing my fingers this one is a good copy.
    11-01-2013 02:29 PM
    ^I had touch screen issues with my Nexus 7 too, returned it and got another one. ....still had issues. Couldn't be bothered. Returned it and got this Note 8.0. Now I'm quite happy and I have the S-Pen for work.
    11-01-2013 02:41 PM