random shut down and freeze once in a while.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i did a factory reset.

when i was using a chat app - "wechat", all of sudden, the tablet shuts down. i had to press the power button again.

also, it didn't happen before. but now, when i am typing, some apps will freeze during typing, it will ask me if i want to wait or close it. if i click on wait, after a few seconds, i can type again.

so i don't know if it is still a software problem or it is the tablet itself?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It does indeed sound like a software problem but I have read that due to a lower-grade of RAM that Asus used there are stutters and freezes with the Nexus 7. Perhaps this will be lessened by Android 4.4. We can only hope.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i did a factory reset.

when i was using a chat app - "wechat", all of sudden, the tablet shuts down. i had to press the power button again.

also, it didn't happen before. but now, when i am typing, some apps will freeze during typing, it will ask me if i want to wait or close it. if i click on wait, after a few seconds, i can type again.

so i don't know if it is still a software problem or it is the tablet itself?

I had that with my first N7 and I think the freezing was actually just touchscreen issues (i.e. touch the screen and nothing happened). I returned that one and just got my replacement today (just setting it up now).

Read a post that after doing the software update it helped to do a wipe and start from scratch (something I didn't do the first time but I did it this time).

Crossing my fingers this one is a good copy.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
^I had touch screen issues with my Nexus 7 too, returned it and got another one. ....still had issues. Couldn't be bothered. Returned it and got this Note 8.0. Now I'm quite happy and I have the S-Pen for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress